This product is no longer available. Its replacement is the Sony SNC-CH140.
The Sony SNC-CM120 is a 1.3 megapixel fixed IP camera with progressive scan CCD imaging sensor providing high resolution images ideal for IP CCTV surveillance in areas such as airports, shopping centres, car parks, offices, corporate spaces or any other public space or building.
Utilising Sony’s ExwavePRO sensor technology and complimentary colour filtering the SNC-CM120 is highly sensitive in low-light conditions. The Light Funnel feature improves on this sensitivity by utilising the megapixel sensor in a unique way to provide extremely bright VGA images without reducing the shutter speed, therefore without any blurring of moving subjects.
Easy to install, the camera has built-in support for a Power over Ethernet connection meaning a single Ethernet cable can supply both power and data connections for a quick and simple installation. Like all IP cameras offered by Network Webcams, the Sony SNC-CM120 IP security camera has a built-in web server and can be viewed over a Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) or via the Internet as a streaming IP webcam.
Note: This camera does not include a power supply. Please select one from the options above.
Sony SNC-CM120 - Key benefits:
- 1.3 Megapixel resolution provides large, highly detailed images perfect for security surveillance. With a greater image resolution images are more clearly defined allowing for high levels of identification of faces or objects such as number plates etc.
- Highly sensitive in low-light conditions due to ExwavePRO technology with complimentary colour filtering. Provides usable images in conditions as low as 0.6 lux in colour
- Intelligent video motion detection uses advanced detection algorithms to reduce the number of false alarms. This reduces bandwidth across the network and storage requirements for archive recordings
- DEPA enabled, the SNC-CM120 can pass metadata to DEPA enabled recording solutions creating intelligent video applications such as border/gate patrols, intelligent object detection/removal, virtual boundaries, people counting etc.
Sony SNC-CM120 - Key features:
- 1/3-type progressive scan CCD sensor with ExwavePRO technology and complimentary colour filtering provides high levels of sensitivity making the camera ideally suited for security applications in both bright and dimly lit environments
- 1.3 Megapixel resolution delivers large high resolution images at a maximum size of 1280x960 pixels with a wide field of view at 100.7° horizontal. This allows you to use a megapixel camera in place of multiple conventional CCTV cameras
- Progressive scan technology eliminates the blurring you would associate with interlace scanning resulting in images which are sharper, clearer and more detailed, especially in scenes with fast moving objects
- Light funnel is a feature which utilises the megapixel sensor in a unique way to increase the brightness of a scene without reducing the shutter speed. The benefit when using Light Funnel is that because the shutter speed is not reduced moving subjects are not blurred and can be recognised more easily
- JPEG picture quality settings with Constant Bit-rate Algorithm gives you the tools to balance the image quality versus bandwidth requirements
- Analogue output with on-screen focus assistance can be used to improve installation efficiency when positioning/focusing the camera
- Bi-directional audio support allows a microphone and speaker to be connected to the camera for 2-way communication between the camera operator and people near the camera’s location
- DEPA enabled, the SNC-CM120 includes the functionality for intelligent video applications when recording with a DEPA-enabled recording device
- Intelligent motion detection uses advanced routines to significantly reduce the number of false alarms generated. This results in less wasted storage space and a reduced load on the network
- Alarm management features allow images to be transferred by email or FTP when events have been triggered by methods such as motion detection or a timed schedule
- External I/O. The SNC-CM120 has 1x external sensor input which allows alarms to be triggered by external, commercially available sensors or switches and 2x alarm outputs allow external devices to be activated directly from the camera such as alarms or lights
- Solid PTZ provides the ability to zoom into the image and digitally move left, right, up and down
- Digital image cropping allows the image to be cut/reduced in size to limit bandwidth or place emphasis on specific areas. Cropped areas can be digitally panned/tilted or made to automatically follow movement
Sony SNC-CM120 - Typical applications:
- 1.3 Megapixel security camera with high levels of sensitivity, ideal for surveillance in areas which require good levels of identification such as building entrances, car parks, reception areas, offices, airports, shopping malls or any other public space or building
Sony SNC-CM120 - Key technical indicators:
- Video compression: MJPEG, MPEG-4
- Sensor: 1/3-type progressive scan CCD with ExwavePRO technology, approx: 1,250,000 effective pixels
- Lens: Vari-focal, 2.8-6.0mm, F1.3 (wide) to F1.9 (tele), Horizontal viewing angle: 100.7° (wide) to 47° (tele)
- Zoom: 2x digital
- Supported resolutions: JPEG: 1280 x 960, 960 x 720, 768 x 576, 640 x 480, 384 x 288, 320 x 240, MPEG-4: 640 x 480, 384 x 288, 320 x 240
- Frame rate: MJPEG: 15 fps (1280 × 960 / Light Funnel OFF), 30 fps (640 × 480 / Light Funnel ON), MPEG-4 15 fps (640 × 480 / Light Funnel OFF), 30 fps (640 × 480 / Light Funnel ON)
- Minimum illumination: Colour : 0.6 lx (50IRE, F1.3, AGC ON 30 dB), 0.1 lx (Light Funnel ON, 50IRE, F1.3, AGC ON 36 dB), B/W : 0.01 lx (50IRE, F1.3, AGC ON 30 dB), 0.01 lx (Light Funnel ON, 50IRE, F1.3, AGC ON 36 dB)
- Audio: Bi-directional audio, external mic. and speaker required, not supplied
- Audio compression: G.711/G.726 (40, 32, 24, 16 KB/s)
- Supported protocols: TCP/IP, ARP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, RTP/RTCP, SNMP
- Number of simultaneous users: 10
- Analogue video output: NTSC/PAL, 600 TVL, More than 50 dB (AGC OFF, Weight ON)
- Power: 24V AC, 12V DC, PoE IEEE802.3af
- Power consumption: 8W
- Operating temperatures: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- Weight: 0.7kg (1lb 9oz)
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 63 x 82.5 x 187.5mm
Sony SNC-CM120 - Connections:
- 10Base-T/100BASE-TX (RJ-45)
- BNC x1, 1.0 Vp-p, 75 Ohms
- Sensor in x 1, Alarm out x 2
- Mini-jack x1 (Mic in: monaural, 2.2 K 2.5 V plug-in power, Line in: monaural)
Sony SNC-CM120 - Accessories included:
Product data sheet: Sony SNC-CM120 Network Camera (PDF 65.3KB)
- Sony SNC-CM120 IP camera (SNC-CM120)
- Camera stand for flexible camera mounting on walls or ceilings (VB1B)
- Additional items you may have chosen (from selections above)
- CD-ROM including user guides, easy setup guides and supplied programs
- Fall prevention wire rope
- Installation manual