This product has now been discontinued and replaced by the JVC VN-H657BU.
The JVC VN-V685U is a controllable pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) dome camera with an endless 360° rotation and 27x optical zoom (864x combined with 32x digital zoom).
High image quality is assured from a progressive scan CCD imaging sensor with automatic IR cut filter for true day/night operation and easy Wide-D provides effective backlight compensation when areas are prone to extreme contrast lighting conditions.
The VN-V685U includes JVC’s PTZ Direct Drive motor providing highly precise movement at fast or slow speeds, highly accurate preset positioning and silent operation ideal for hospitals, libraries, museums etc. Like all network cameras the VN-V686U has an integrated web server and can be viewed over a Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) or via the Internet as a streaming IP webcam.
Note: This camera does not include a power supply. Please select one if required from the options above.
JVC VN-V685U - Key benefits:
- Advanced PTZ Direct Drive motor provides silent operation of the camera for unobtrusive monitoring or for use in areas which require silence such as hospitals, libraries, museums, galleries etc.
- True day/night functionality provides around-the-clock surveillance
- IEEE802.3af Power over Ethernet support reduces installation time and costs
JVC VN-V685U - Key features:
- Advanced PTZ control: 360° endless rotation with a movement speed of up to 400°/s. The direct drive motor also allows for precise movements for accurate monitoring of moving targets
- Silent PTZ mechanism greatly reduces the noise generated when controlling the camera allowing for non-invasive viewing
- 27x Optical zoom for close up monitoring of distant objects
- Progressive scan output increases image quality by eliminating blurring you would expect from interlace technology, especially with fast moving objects
- Dual streaming allows for simultaneous MJPEG and MPEG-4 streaming at 30fps
- Auto tracking can be set to track a moving object automatically
- True day/night function automatically switches from colour to black and white video during periods of low light for greater sensitivity allowing 24-hour surveillance
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) using the camera’s Easy Wide-D function will display subjects clearly when standing in dark or bright areas of the same image
- Privacy masking allows sensitive areas of the live image to be masked from view
- Built-in video motion detection used for alarm based activity
- FTP client function can transfer images by FTP periodically or based on alarm
- Mail notification function can be used to notify the user of any alarm activity by email
- Wide range of image settings: White balance, automatic gain correction, backlight compensation, sense up
- Security: Multi-level password authentication
- One-touch lock easy installation allows the camera to be fixed into place without the need for it to be secured with screws
- Free JVC video management software (VN-RS800U) for viewing, recording and archiving up to 32 cameras/encoders (JPEG stream only)
JVC VN-V685U - Typical applications:
- Professional level IP dome camera for use in medium-large sized businesses or organisations such as airports, train stations, bus stations, warehouses, factories, conference centres, colleges, universities, retail outlets, casinos, stadiums, shopping centres and especially suited for quiet environments such as libraries, museums or hospitals etc.
JVC VN-V685U - Key technical indicators:
- Compression format: JPEG, MPEG-4
- Sensor: 1/4 inch Interline transfer CCD, progressive scan
- Lens: 27x optical zoom, 3.43-92.6mm, F1.6-3.5, auto focus, motorised zoom
- Panning mechanism: 360° endless, 0.04 to 400°/s
- Tilting mechanism: -5° to 185°, 0.04 to 400°/s
- Supported resolutions: 640x480 (VGA), 320x240
- Frame rate: Up to 30fps (at 640x480, Dual stream)
- Minimum light level required: Colour: 0.5 lux (video 25%, F1.6, AGC Super), Black and White: 0.04 lux (video 25%, F1.6, AGC Super)
- Number of simultaneous users: 20
- Security: Multi-level user authentication
- Protocols supported: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP, FTP, ICMP, ARP, RTP, DHCP, SNTP, SMTP, DSCP, IGMP, IPv6, VSIP, AMX Device Discovery
- Power: 24VAC, 1.2A or IEEE802.3af PoE Class 0 12.95W
- Operating temperatures: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- Dimensions: 160mm diameter x 201mm high
- Weight: 1.9kg
JVC VN-V685U - Connections:
- Ethernet 10Base-T-100Base-TX, RJ45 connection
- Terminal block for 2 alarm inputs and outputs, alternative power connection
JVC VN-V685U - Additional items you may want to order with this camera:
Product data sheet: JVC VN-V685U PTZ Network Camera (PDF 1.06MB)
- JVC VR-N900U/1600E Network Video Recorders for viewing, recording and archiving up to 9/16 cameras