This product has been discontinued and replaced by the Veracity VCS-4P1 Camswitch 4 Plus.
The Veracity Camswitch Quad is a 5-port switch designed to allow you to attach up to 5 network devices from a single Ethernet cable.
4 of the 5 ports are PoE enabled allowing PoE-compliant devices to be powered directly from the switch. The Camswitch Quad can support any combination of PoE devices as long as the total power requirement does not exceed the maximum power available. This will allow the powering of 4x standard PoE Class 1 or 2 IP cameras or 2x IP cameras at maximum PoE Class such as pan-tilt-zoom cameras.
Safe power management ensures that power will not be supplied to devices that are not PoE-enabled or if the power cannot be provided safely and reliably. Any ports which are not enabled with power can still be used as a standard Ethernet data port.
Note: This device does not include a power supply. Please select one if required from the options above.
Veracity Camswitch VCS-CSQ - Key benefits:
- Camswitch Quad provides a robust solution for connecting multiple IP cameras to an IP network. With Power over Ethernet support up to 4 cameras can be installed using a single Ethernet cable providing significant cost savings
Veracity Camswitch VCS-CSQ - Key features:
- 5-port unmanaged switch
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE802.3af) supplied to cameras on 4 ports
- 12V DC/24 VAC power input (optional PSU available)
- Automatic Ethernet configuration and safe power management
- Compact, rugged enclosure. Wall mountable (bracket included)
Veracity Camswitch VCS-CSQ - Typical applications:
- Used to increase capacity in your IP network while supplying a data and power connection in up to 4 PoE-enabled IP cameras. Ideal for home or small-business applications.
Veracity Camswitch VCS-CSQ - Key technical indicators:
- Number of ports: 5, RJ-45 connector
- Cable type supported: Straight-through or cross-over, auto detected
- Network rates: 10BaseT/100BaseT, full/half duplex, auto negotiating
- Power over Ethernet: IEEE 802.3af on 4 port, any power class 0-3
- Max total power output: 30.8W (incl. cable losses)
- Power input: 10-40V DC, 20-28V AC
- Operating temperatures: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 32 x 110 x 91mm
- Weight: 250g (9oz.)
- Mounting: Optional wall-mounting lugs, supplied fitted
Veracity Camswitch VCS-CSQ - Connections:
Product data sheet: Veracity Camswitch 5-port network PoE switch (PDF 129KB)
- Ethernet connector: RJ-45 x5
- Power input 12V DC or 24V AC screw terminal