This product is now discontinued and there is no alternative model.
Overview of the Videotec Medusa dome camera housing
The Videotec Medusa indoor/outdoor enclosure is a universal dome housing which enables an indoor dome camera to be used in applications outdoors or to protect IP cameras indoors in harsh environments such as factories. The acrylic bubble is available in two finishes, the smoked bubble allowing for less intrusive security surveillance so the camera lens direction cannot be seen.
This unit is suitable for the majority of IP dome and PTZ security cameras and is IP66 rated, making it suitable for use in wet weather conditions. The housing has a top opening, allowing for easier installation and maintenance. Made of die-cast aluminium, the unit is very robust and provides good protection to the equipment inside. It comes with a sunshield as standard, making it also suitable for sunnier conditions.
The Medusa camera housing can be mounted using the Videotec cable managed wall bracket and also to the ceiling, parapet, corner or pole mount using brackets and adapters (if mounting is required, please select from above drop down menu).
Please note: An additional Camera Mount Adaptor and Mounting Bracket is required to make this housing suitable for use. See below.
Available camera mount adaptors:
- ODBH18H110 Camera Mount Adaptor with fan-assisted heater, input 115-230V AC
- ODBH18H111 Camera Mount Adaptor with fan-assisted heater, input 230V AC
Note: 24V AC version of the above camera mount adaptors available also. Please call for price and availability.
- Bubble finish (please select from above drop down menu):
- Smoked (DBH18KOF022)
- Transparent (DBH18KOF028)
Optional (available for selection from the above drop down menu):
- Mounting brackets (a bracket is required for this housing):
- Mounting bracket adapters:
- PTCC1 Pole mount adaptor for use with DBH06 bracket
- WCWGC Corner mount adapter for DBH06 bracket