Arecont AV3100AI - Overview:
This product is no longer available. Its replacement is the Arecont Vision AV3115DN.
When looking for high end megapixel IP cameras, Arecont should be a name that crops up a lot. The Arecont range consists of high quality megapixel cameras which offer fantastic quality and speed while at the same time offering excellent value on all of their cameras. The AV3100AI is no exception, offering massive 3 megapixel images at a speed of 15 images per second. The ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor captures clear, crisp images regardless of movement and offers resolutions as high as 2048x1536.
In addition to this, all Arecont cameras offer Power over Ethernet (PoE) support. This means that when used in conjunction with a PoE midspan, only a single cable, containing both data and power, needs to be run from your existing Ethernet network, saving time and money on installation. Alternatively the camera can be powered from an external 12-48V DC power supply.
The AV3100AI also offers some impressive features which make it stand out from similar cameras in the market. The addition of dynamically controlled (DC) iris support is very rare on megapixel cameras and allows the AV3100AI to dynamically alter the amount of light which enters the camera. This provides a constant level of light for images and as such produces constant quality images in changing light conditions. In addition to this, the AV3100AI offers Moonlight Mode for low light conditions. This feature lengthens exposure times in low light while providing noise cancellations to help produce useable images where a normal camera would not.
Other features offered by the AV3100AI include simultaneous digital pan, tilt and zoom. This allows users to view the full image provided by the camera while simultaneously viewing a zoomed portion of the image which is convenient should multiple operators be monitoring the camera. In addition to this, Backlight compensation is also provided to help to reduce shadowing caused by objects in front of bright light sources. The AV3100AI reduces the shadowing effect meaning that detail such as faces or number plates are easier to see.
Settings and management for the camera are controlled from Arecont’s AV100 software. This software allows you to view and manage up to 16 Arecont cameras from a single program. Additionally, licenses can be purchased to enable the AV100 software to record and playback video from your camera at rates of up to 30 images per second.
Important: This camera does not include a power supply. Please select the PoE midspan from the drop-down menu above if one is required to power the camera.
Arecont AV3100AI - Key Benefits:
- Megapixel image sensor provides massively detailed images.
- Progressive scan sensor means images are crisp and clear despite movement.
- Dynamically controlled (DC) iris support controls light flow to the camera.
- High image rate reduces “blind time” from to cameras with lower refresh rates.
- Power over Ethernet support provides simple installation saving time and money.
Arecont AV3100AI - Key Features:
- ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor.
- 3 megapixel resolution.
- 15 images per second at full resolution. 30 images per second at 1280x1024.
- Optional auto iris feature.
- Power over Ethernet support.
- Simultaneously view zoomed images and full images.
- Motion detection with 64 zones.
- Compatible with AV100 surveillance software.
- Digital pan/tilt/zoom functionality.
- Moonlight Mode cancels noise and lengthens exposure in low light.
Arecont AV3100AI - Typical Applications:
The Arecont AV3100 is best suited to areas where high quality, high speed images are a necessity such as casinos or traffic control systems. In addition to this, the auto iris function means that the camera would also be suited to areas such as bus and train terminals and airports where high quality images are essential but where changing light conditions are expected.
Arecont AV3100AI - Key Technical Indicators:
- Sensor: ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor.
- Lens: 4-8mm 1/2" varifocal megapixel auto-iris
- Available frame rates: 15 fps @ 2048x1536, 22 fps @ 1920x1200, 30 fps @ 1280x1024
- Available Resolutions: 2048x1536. Other resolutions are available through cropping.
- Compression format: MJPEG
- Minimum light level required: 0.2 lux @ F1.4
- Number of simultaneous users: 8
Arecont AV3100AI - Connections:
- Network: Ethernet 10/100
- Power: 12-48v DC Inputs
- I/O: 1 x Alarm In, 1 x Alarm out
- Lens: 4pin connector for DC Iris.
Arecont AV3100AI - Accessories included:
- Arecont Vision AV3100AI IP camera (AV3100AI)
- Varifocal lens 4-8mm 1/2" auto-iris (HG2Z0414FC-MP)
- Internal wall bracket with swivel head (VB1B)
- Additional items you may have chosen (from selections above)
- Installation CD with AV100 surveillance software.
- CS to C mount adaptor.
- Quick start card.
Arecont AV3100AI - Datasheet:
Full product datasheet can be accessed here: Arecont AV3100AI