XProtect Enterprise has been discontinued and succeeded by XProtect Expert
Overview of Milestone XProtect Enterprise Base Server license
Milestone XProtect Enterprise is a scalable IP surveillance package designed for medium and large-scale, multi-site security systems in many locations such as corporate buildings, department stores and schools. With support for over 900 different models of IP cameras and video encoders as well as support for ONVIF and PSIA compatible devices, gives installers greater flexibility to specify the best hardware for the task.
Multiple recording servers can be used simultaneously with an unlimited number of connected cameras, allowing large, widespread systems to be created. Support is included for all major compression formats, including H.264 and MxPEG, lowering video bandwidth to minimize network impact.
Configuration of the system is achieved quickly using rule-based wizards, applying similar settings to multiple cameras simultaneously. The application can also be integrated with third-party software such as point of sale kiosks and door entry systems using the included Software Development Kit.
Compatible with Milestone's Mobile server, XProtect Enterprise offers mobile surveillance using Android and IOS-based mobile devices. Additionally, security personnel can integrate their camera phones to capture security footage on the move.
Please note: This license is for the installation of the XProtect Enterprise recording server only and does not come with any camera licenses. To add camera licenses, please visit our Milestone XProtect Enterprise camera license page. Additionally, there is no Milestone Care™ Plus plan included - if you require Care Plus, please select the plan coverage term from the option above.
Key features & benefits of Milestone XProtect Enterprise
- Connect an unlimited number of IP cameras and video equipment for cost-effective large-scale installations
- Over 900 IP camera models from over 79 different vendors are supported, giving more flexibility when selecting camera hardware
- Monitor live and recorded video from mobile devices and integrate camera phones using Milestone's Mobile Server
- Seamlessly integrate with third party applications using Milestone's open SDK
- Videos can be recorded in H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-4 and MJPEG, allowing installers to adjust bandwidth use and video quality
- The Smart Client viewing application is easy to use and provides up to 100 simultaneous camera views
- The camera-independent motion detection system optimises resource usage and reduces camera costs
- Multi-channel 2-way audio improves the effectiveness of the security system by incorporating audio into recordings
- Cameras which support the ONVIF or PSIA interfaces can be added to the system, further improving the range of compatible hardware
- Add hardware, recording and storage quickly and easily with integrated configuration wizard
Typical applications of Milestone XProtect Enterprise
For use in a wide range of high-end situations where scalability and network distribution are key factors such as multi-location corporations, schools, colleges, oil rigs or hotels.
Licensing structure of Milestone XProtect Enterprise
- Server Base License
This license is required for installation of XProtect Enterprise. Milestone recording servers can be installed on an unlimited number of machines.
- Camera License
A valid Camera License is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel. For more information please see our Milestone XProtect Enterprise Camera License page.