This splitter has been discontinued. Its replacement is the PowerDsine PD-AS-701.
The PowerDsine PD-AS801/12 High-Power PoE Splitter is used in conjuction with PowerDsine PD8001/8006/8012 High Power Midspans. An Ethernet cable run from a PoE midspan carries both data and power. This device splits the data from the power which is being received from an Ethernet cable carrying both. Using a PoE Splitter allows IP cameras with no built-in PoE support to be used in a PoE set up. Power over Ethernet provides a cost effective method of installation and gives greater flexibility of camera location.
Note that when using the PD-AS801/12 High-power PoE Splitter with a compatible midspan the voltage is regulated per device. This means that it cannot supply a higher voltage than the device requires giving protection against accidentally blowing the device. Note that the PD-AS801/12 cannot be used with a standard PoE IEEE802.3af switch.
Key benefits of Power over Ethernet (PoE):
- Using a standard CAT5 Ethernet cable you can run both the data and power to your IP camera. This means that you can install your network camera using only one cable
- Using PoE provides flexibility of installation. Cameras can be installed in areas where conventional electrical cabling or outlets are unavailable or difficult/expensive to install
- A simplified cable installation significantly reduces installation time and costs
PowerDsine PD-AS801/12 - Connections:
- Input connector: RJ-45
- Output data cable with RJ-45 connector
- Output power cable with DC connectors: 5.5x3.3x1 and 5.5x2.5 included
PowerDsine PD-AS801/12 - Key technical data:
Product data sheet: PowerDsine 8000 Series (PDF 383k)
- Input voltage: 48V power input
- Output voltage: DC voltage 12V output
- Output power continuous: 22W Output power peak: 26W (up to 10 sec.)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 33mm x 75 mm x 120 mm
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C