Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Overview:
This camera has been discontinued and has been replaced by: Mobotix M15D-SEC.
The Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 is a static outdoor IP camera for use in CCTV security applications. The M12 offers two sensor assemblies with one optimised for day viewing and one for night and can produce images at up to 30 frames per second. The M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 comes with twin 43mm lenses which offer 45° horizontal and 34° vertical field of view.
The day sensor of the M12D is a 3 megapixel, ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor which offers a maximum resolution of 2048x1536. Useable images are produced from this lens as low as 1Lux at a shutter speed of 1/60 or 0.05Lux at 1sec. The night sensor on the other hand is a 1.3 megapixel, ½” CMOS sensor and offers a maximum resolution of 1280x960. This sensor is black and white only but is optimised to produce useable images at a lot lower light levels. Useable images are produced from this lens at 0.1Lux at 1/60 or 0.005Lux at 1sec. The maximum frame rate of the M12 is 30 frames per second (fps) at 640x480 (VGA) or lower, with 10fps possible at 1280x960 (1.3MP) and 4fps at 2048x1536 (3MP, day lens only).
The M12D does not come as standard with a power supply and instead uses Power over Ethernet. This system combines both data and power into a single cable, reducing costs at installation as only a single cable need be run. Additionally, the M12 is IP65 rated meaning the camera can be placed outdoors without worry over weather conditions. The camera also includes a wall/ceiling mount which allows the network cable to be fully concealed, reducing the possibility of the cable being cut by intruders.
The M12D also offers two-way audio and includes both speaker and microphone assemblies with the camera. This allows viewers to communicate with people at the camera or listen to the surrounding area. Additionally, the camera has a Voice over IP (VoIP) client which allows the camera to act as a video phone and can also be used on Macintosh operating systems for a flexible security solution.
Recording is also handled on-board with the M12D. The camera has an internal ring buffer which allows recording to Windows, Linux and Mac network shares. The camera also offers 64Mb of internal memory and an SD card port for SD cards up to 16GB in size (not included). The camera can also be set to record normally to a network share and, should the connection be lost, record to the internal storage. Once the connection is restored, the M12 will transfer the images from the internal storage system to the network share automatically. Recording can be set to store images constantly or can be set to store images only on an event. Events can be triggered by a great number of triggers including motion detection, heat detection using the built in PIR sensor, manual triggering or being triggered by another Mobotix camera. In addition to recording, the M12 can also FTP, email and even phone you after detecting an event by means of the built in VoIP client.
Also provided free of charge by Mobotix is MxControlCentre. This system works in conjunction with the recording system and provides an effective means to monitor and manage your camera installation while helping to organise recordings. The system is fully configurable to suit any needs and integrates fully with any Mobotix camera.
With the high quality images provided, wide dynamic range offered by the multiple lens setup and the extensive alarm triggering setup, the Mobotix M12D is perfect for IP CCTV solutions where image quality and recognition is essential.
Please note that this camera does not come with a power supply. Should you not have any existing Power over Ethernet equipment you will need to select a PoE midspan from the drop-down box at the top of the page.
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Key Benefits:
- Clear, crisp megapixel quality images means that identification and recognition of objects can be made even over long distances
- Two lenses provide greater dynamic range than a conventional camera and offer useable images in both normal and low light conditions
- Sturdy and rugged IP65 rated body allows the camera to be placed in harsh conditions without need for additional housing
- Power over Ethernet simplifies installation as only a single cable need be run
- Event outputs include FTP, TCP/IP messaging, Email and ISDN
- VoIP support allows you to use the camera as a video phone or can call you when an event is triggered
- Passive Infrared Sensor reduces false triggers from motion detection alone
- On-board recording eliminates the need for external software/hardware
- All Mobotix cameras can be used on Macintosh operating systems
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Key Features:
- Twin lenses and sensors for day and night viewing
- 45° lenses offer great detail over large distance
- Maximum resolutions: 2048x1536 (colour), 1280x960 (b/w)
- Digital zoom allows you to enlarge the image in real time
- Power over Ethernet provides simple and quick installation
- On board recording helps to reduce bandwidth usage as data is only sent when necessary.
- Onboard storage provides backup in case of recording server failure
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT- D43N43 - Typical Applications:
The Mobotix M12D is best suited for security applications where images need to be provided in both high and low light conditions. With the megapixel resolution provided by the camera, it is also suited for facial recognition and with its rugged body, can be used effectively in public areas, such as public transport terminals, banks and shop floors.
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT- D43N43 - Key Technical Indicators:
- Sensor: 1x colour ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor. 1x high sensitive black and white ½” progressive scan CMOS sensor
- Lens: Two 22mm lenses offering 45° wide and 34° high field of view
- Available frame rates: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Available Resolutions: 6 Supported Resolutions: 2048x1536 (3MP, colour sensor only), 1280x960 (1.3MP), 768x576(4CIF PAL), 640x480 (VGA), 320x240, 160x120 pixels
- Compression format: JPEG, Motion JPEG, MxPEG, BMP
- Minimum light level required: Colour: 1lux @ 1/60sec, 0.05lux at 1sec. B/W: 0.1lux at 1/60 sec, 0.005 lux at 1sec
- Number of simultaneous users: Dependant on bandwidth
- Power: Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af Class 1 (3w)
- Dimensions (mm): 175H x 130W x 240D
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Connections:
- Ethernet 10/100 BaseT half/full duplex, RJ-45
- ISDN input
- SD Card slot
- Mx Interface Connector D-Sub 15 HD
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Accessories Included:
- One colour and one black/white sensor and two 22mm super-wide angle lenses
- Secureflex cable managed wall mount with fittings
- Ethernet cable 50cm
- Allen key for tamper-proof fittings
- User manual
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Optional Accessories:
Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT-D43N43 - Datasheet:
Product data sheet: Mobotix M12D (PDF 443k)