This device has been discontinued and replaced by the Axis P7214 network video encoder.
The Axis 241QA is a 4-port video server that will enable your current analogue video streams to easily migrate to an IP-based network solution, with fully featured, digital surveillance benefits.
The Axis 241QA Video Server will digitize up to 4 analogue video streams for transmission over an IP network at full frame rate (up to 25/30 frames per second) allowing the viewing of images across a local network (LAN) or remote viewing over the Internet.
This video server also provides unique functionality to your analogue video streams by offering built-in motion video detection and powerful event management functions, driven by triggered or scheduled events which report back to the user using a number of protocols such as TCP, HTTP, FTP or SMTP (email).
The Axis 241QA Video Server provides a maximum resolution of 768x576 with a de-interlace filter improving image quality at the highest resolution and offers two-way audio, allowing not only the user to listen in on the area the camera is located but to also issue request or orders. (microphone and active speakers required).
Find out more about video servers from our blog:
Vision:On - What is a Video Server?
Axis 241QA - Key benefits:
- Converts up to 4 existing analogue CCTV cameras into IP network cameras, giving you direct access to live images over a Local Area Network (LAN) or the Internet
- Increases the functionality of your existing CCTV cameras
- 2-way communication allowing the user to listen-in or communicate with people in the cameras area
Axis 241QA - Key features:
- Built-in video motion detection
- 9 MB pre/post alarm memory per channel
- Advanced event handling with multiple alarm notifications using SMTP (e-mail), TCP and HTTP, and video/image uploading via e-mail, FTP and HTTP
- Support for Pan, Tilt and Zoom (PTZ) devices
- Resolutions 4CIF, 2CIFExp, 2CIF, CIF, QCIF up to a maximum resolution of 768x576 with up to 11 compression levels (MJPEG) or up to 23 compression levels (MPEG-4)
- De-Interlace filter for improved image quality at maximum resolution
- Image customization with text, time/date and image overlay
- 8MB Flash memory provides ability to upload embedded applications
- Colour and black and white modes available
Axis 241QA - Typical applications:
- Convert up to 4 existing analogue cameras into network IP cameras to enable you to monitor your office, shop, manufacturing line or car park from a local network or remotely across the internet
- Use this item as a webcam – Streamdays offers an off-the-shelf solution for you
Axis 241QA - Key technical indicators:
- Simultaneous streams in Motion JPEG (MJPEG) and MPEG-4
- Resolution: up to 768x576 pixels (PAL) and 704x480 pixels (NTSC)
- Frame rate: up to 25 to 30 frames per second
- Security comprises multiple user access levels with unique password protection, HTTPS support and IP address filtering
- Number of simultaneous users: up to 20
Axis 241QA - Connections:
- Network: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Video: 4x analogue composite video inputs (BNC) (PAL/NTSC auto sensing)
- Power: power supply included 9 VDC
- Serial communication: RS-232 (DB-9) and RS-485 (terminal block)
- I/O: 4 alarm inputs + 4 outputs (terminal block)
- 3.5mm jack for mic in (max 54mVpp) or line in (max 8.0 Vpp, mono). 3.5mm jack for Line Out (max 2.6 Vpp, mono) to active speaker.
- Dimensions in mm: 42(H) x 140(W) x 155(D)
Axis 241QA - Accessories included:
- Power supply
- Mounting brackets
- Connector kit
- Installation guide
- User manual
- MPEG4 Licenses (1 encoder, 1 decoder), MPEG-4 decoder (Windows)
Additional items you may want to order with this camera:
Download the manufacturer's full product data sheet (PDF 352k).
- We can supply appropriate microphones and active speakers on request, please contact us for more information.
- Pre-configuration service. We will configure your video server for you. With all the set up hassle taking care of, your equipment will reach you as a true Plug and Play unit.