This product has been discontinued. Its replacement is the Axis Q7401.
The Axis 243SA is a 1-port video server that will enable your current analogue video stream to easily migrate to an IP-based network solution, with fully featured, digital surveillance benefits.
The Axis 243SA Video Server will digitize an analogue video stream for transmission over an IP network at full frame rate (up to 25/30 frames per second) across all resolutions, allowing the viewing of images across a local network (LAN) or remote viewing over the Internet.
This video server also provides unique functionality to your analogue video streams by offering built-in motion video detection and powerful event management functions, driven by triggered or scheduled events which report back to the user using a number of protocols such as TCP, HTTP, FTP or SMTP (email).
The Axis 243SA Video Server provides a maximum resolution of 768x576 with a de-interlace filter improving image quality at the highest resolution and offers two-way audio allowing not only the user to listen in on the area the camera is located but to also issue request or orders. (microphone and active speakers required).
Find out more about video servers from our blog:
Vision:On - What is a Video Server?
Axis 243SA - Key benefits:
- Converts an existing analogue CCTV camera into an IP network camera, giving you direct access to live images over a Local Area Network (LAN) or the Internet
- Increases the functionality of your existing CCTV camera
- 2-way communication allowing the user to listen-in or communicate with people in the cameras area
Axis 243SA - Key features:
- Built-in video motion detection
- 9 MB pre/post alarm memory
- Advanced event handling with multiple alarm notifications using SMTP (e-mail), TCP and HTTP, and video/image uploading via e-mail, FTP and HTTP
- Support for Pan, Tilt and Zoom (PTZ) devices
- Resolutions 4CIF, 2CIFExp, 2CIF, CIF, QCIF up to a maximum resolution of 768x576 with up to 11 compression levels (MJPEG) or up to 23 compression levels (MPEG-4)
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) guaranteeing maximum throughput level
- De-Interlace filter for improved image quality at maximum resolution
- Image customization with text, time/date and image overlay
- 8MB Flash memory provides ability to upload embedded applications
- Colour and black and white modes available
Axis 243SA - Typical applications:
- Convert an existing analogue camera into a network IP camera to enable you to monitor your office, shop, manufacturing line or car park from a local network or remotely across the internet
- Use this item as a webcam – Streamdays offers an off-the-shelf solution for you
Axis 243SA - Key technical indicators:
- Simultaneous streams in Motion JPEG (MJPEG) and MPEG-4
- Resolution: up to 768x576 pixels (PAL) and 704x480 pixels (NTSC)
- Frame rate: up to 25 to 30 frames per second
- Security comprises multiple user access levels with unique password protection, HTTPS support and IP address filtering
- Number of simultaneous users: up to 20
Axis 243SA - Connections:
- Network: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Video: 1x analogue composite video input (BNC), 1x analogue composite video output (BNC) (PAL/NTSC auto sensing), supports Y/C video
- Serial communication: RS-232 (DB-9) and RS-485 (terminal block)
- Power: power supply included 9 VDC
- I/O: 4 alarm inputs + 4 outputs (terminal block)
- 3.5mm jack for mic in (max 54mVpp) or line in (max 8.0 Vpp, mono). 3.5mm jack for Line Out (max 2.6 Vpp, mono) to active speaker
- Dimensions in mm: 42(H) x 140(W) x 155(D)
Axis 243SA - Accessories included:
- Power supply
- Mounting brackets
- Connector kit
- Installation guide
- User manual
- MPEG4 Licenses (1 encoder, 1 decoder), MPEG-4 decoder (Windows)
Additional items you may want to order with this camera:
Download the manufacturer's full product data sheet (PDF 259k).
- We can supply appropriate microphones and active speakers on request, please contact us for more information
- Pre-configuration service. We will configure your video server for you. With all the set up hassle taking care of, your equipment will reach you as a true Plug and Play unit