Overview of the Milestone Husky 350R
- Rack-mount recording server with 360 Mbit/s video throughput
- Up to 50 channels supported (HD 1080p, 30 fps, 5-8 Mbit/s/channel & VMD recording)
- Dell Enterprise drives offer local storage of up to 32TB
- Support for any level of XProtect and software RAID redundancy
- 5-year NBD warranty (includes HDDs)
This rack-mount video recording server supports up to fifty HD 1080p resolution channels at full frame rate and is designed to be used in conjunction with any of Milestone’s XProtect video management software (VMS) products. The scalable server features two hot-swappable hard drive bays that can store up to 32TB of raw local data, and is ideal for businesses that require a recording solution that can be grown over time. In addition, a 5-year NBD manufacturer warranty is included – assuring users that their investment is protected.
Compatible with the entire IVO Husky series, Milestone’s XProtect video management software creates a comprehensive video management solution.
Flexible and scalable with a range of products for all requirements, each Husky is optimised for use with XProtect software.
Choose your Milestone XProtect software product
Optimised for use with Milestone software products, this server is equipped with an Intel Core i3-9100 processor and includes 16GB of RAM and a recording rate of 360 Mbit/s. It can support the recording of up to 50 channels based on video streams of HD 1080p at 30 frames per second (fps), 5-8 Mbit/s per channel and recording on video motion detection. Two pre-installed Dell Enterprise hard drives offer 4TB, 8TB, 16TB, 24TB or 32TB of storage (please select required storage capacity from the dropdown menu above) and software RAID 0,1 is also supported for increased uptime. In addition, the unit features two USB 3.1 type C display ports with a USB-C to VGA adapter to help maximise functionality.
Any of Milestone’s XProtect software products can run on this server for a comprehensive recording solution (purchase of a Milestone XProtect base and device licences are required). Users can then access the system through a variety of interfaces including the XProtect PC Smart Client, Web Client or Milestone's Mobile App. Note: XProtect Smart Client can also be run locally to offer live view / playback for up to 4 channels.
The server’s rack-mount form factor allows it to be integrated into existing IT infrastructure but is also an ideal ‘first rack server’ with its compact size and scalability. Set up is made more straightforward thanks to a range of helpful features such as Windows and XProtect VMS optimisation and Husky Assistant. Also, over ten thousand devices from a variety of manufacturers are supported using the Milestone XProtect VMS.
Please note: No XProtect software is included with this server. To install Milestone XProtect Express+, Professional+, Expert or Corporate onto this server, a base licence, camera licences (single licence required for each device added to the system) and the recommended Milestone Care Plus will need to be purchased separately.
Key features and benefits
- Rack-mount video server with support for up to 50 channels (based on HD 1080p, 30fps, 5-8 Mbit/s/channel and recording on video motion detection)
- Two drive bays house up to 32TB storage (Dell Enterprise Grade 24/7 Drives supplied)
- Intel Core i3-9100 processor and 16GB of RAM
- Video throughout of up to 360 Mbit/s - ideal for small to mid-size systems
- Easy to use solution for medium-sized systems with support for any Milestone XProtect VMS product (sold separately)
- Straightforward access to the system via any of Milestone’s three viewing interfaces; Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone mobile app
- Support for Raid 0,1 (Software RAID) for data backup and storage redundancy
- All hardware included features a 5-year NBD manufacturer warranty
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- Storage options
- Mounting accessories