Overview of the Axis FA4090-E
Designed for connection to the Axis FA54 main unit, this outdoor-ready thermal sensor unit provides unobtrusive and accurate detection - 24-hours a day. Part of the Axis FA4 series, the advanced sensor is suitable for use in sensitive locations that require reliable detection (without revealing personal details).
When connected the Axis FA54 main unit, the compact FA4090-E is capable of delivering thermal imaging in 208x156 resolution at up to 8.3 frames per second (fps) - in any lighting condition. The sensor can also be easily mounted onto a wall or ceiling using the included vari-angle mounting bracket, then manually tilted to achieve the desired viewing direction. In addition, users can place the outdoor-ready sensor module up to 12m away from the indoor main unit using a detachable cable for flexible installation options.
Thermal imaging cameras are less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions and when compared to non-thermal network cameras, they achieve higher levels of accuracy with a reduced possibility of false-alarms.
Together with the connected Axis FA54 main unit, this model supports Axis’ Zipstream technology to help lower bandwidth and storage levels by an average of up to 50%. This advanced technology optimises the video stream in real-time, allowing important details to be retained which unnecessary data is removed.
Please note: this sensor unit is designed for use with the FA54 main units and is not a standalone network camera.
Key features & benefits
- Designed for use with the Axis FA54 main unit to deliver unobtrusive, outdoor CCTV surveillance
- Thermal sensor module ensures reliable security monitoring and with a reduced rate of false alarms
- Delivers thermal imaging in 208x156 resolution at up to 8.3 fps
- 4mm thermal sensor offers a 35.4° horizontal angle of view
- IP67-rated housing for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Included 12m cable for flexible routing and connection to the Axis FA54 main unit
- Mounting bracket supplied for easy flush-mounting into a wall or ceiling
When used in conjunction with the Axis FA54 main unit, the Axis FA4090-E thermal sensor unit delivers advanced detection in sensitive areas - without compromising people's integrity. Users are able to mount the main unit up to 12m away from the sensor module for flexible installation options. Typical applications include residential locations, school grounds and schools, care homes and residential locations.
- Installation guide
- Axis F8201 Vari-angle Mounting Bracket
Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
Export restrictions apply to certain countries
Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.