Overview of the Milestone Husky X8
Part of the powerful Milestone Husky X-Series, the X8 network video recorder (NVR) offers a comprehensive monitoring and recording solution for a maximum of 780 IP cameras. Manageable through any variant of the Milestone XProtect suite, this reliable piece of kit offers a storage capacity of up to 80TB (with support for RAID 5 or 10) - making it an ideal choice for organisations that have demanding, large-scale IP video systems. The X8 also includes two-way audio support and a hot-swappable dual power supply for power redundancy.
For enhanced storage performance, the Milestone Husky X8 can be supplied with a Converged Network Adapter (CNA) (please select from the dropdown menu above). This adapter enables direct connection of storage arrays via high speed iSCSI or FCoE connections - allowing users to connect an unlimited amount of storage for both live video databases and archives. In addition, the XProtect VMS archive handling manages optimal use of both internal and external storage - ensuring video is always online and easily accessible.
Based on an Intel Iris Pro GPU, this powerful NVR provides video decoding capacity for server-side motion detection (up to 300 cameras) and offers a recording rate of up to 1828Mbit/s - ideal to support the high demands of large installations. The 'X8' features eight drive bays and can be supplied with 8 x 4TB, 8TB or 10TB of pre-installed Western Digital Purple HDD's. Alternatively, this NVR can also be purchased as an empty chassis with hard drive tray packs (please select the required model from the dropdown menu above).
This NVR is pre-installed with eight XProtect Essential+ licences; users then have the ability to replace this free VMS with any of the paid XProtect video management software variants in order to achieve higher levels of functionality and system scalability (purchase of a Milestone XProtect base and device licences are required). Instant access to live video feeds and any stored footage is provided through the PC smart client, web client and on-the-go via Milestone's mobile app.
Please note: to install Milestone XProtect Express+, Professional+, Expert or Corporate onto this NVR - a base licence, camera licences (single licence required for each device added to the system) and Care Plus will need to be purchased separately.
A maximum of two monitors with up to 4K resolution can be connected via the NVR's integrated HDMI outputs - allowing local display of footage. In addition, by using a dual power supply, the X8 ensures a fast re-boot and that critical system data is not lost - while video data is protected by RAID 5/10.
Key features and benefits
- High-performance Husky X8 supports a capacity of up to 780 IP cameras for a reliable recording and storage solution
- Extendable storage with the optional 2 x Converged Network Adapter which provides 10 Gbit/s connection of external storage (please select from the dropdown menu above)
- Powerful GPU supports sever-side video motion detection for up to 300 IP cameras
- 1828 Mbit/s recording rate provides reliable recording for multiple IP camera systems with high throughput
- Up to 80TB of Western Digital Purple drive storage across eight bays (Husky X8 only supports WD Purple HDD's)
- Fully scalable solution with support for Milestone's XProtect video management software variants (sold separately)
- Preloaded with eight XProtect Essential+ device licence for basic video management out-of-box
- Three flexible viewing interfaces offer straightforward access to live video and recordings
- Site map support provides a full overview of all IP cameras in the system
- Support for two-way audio (camera model dependent) when external devices are connected via the I/O ports
- 2 x HD or 4K resolution monitors can be connected via the integrated HDMI outputs
- Dual power supply enables a back-up power source in the event of power failure
- Support for RAID 5 and 10 for data backup and storage redundancy
- Supports third-party integrations and Milestone add-on products
The Milestone Husky X8 is a high-performance network video recorder designed for organisations that have large scale IP video systems such as airports, sports stadiums and city surveillance.
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):