This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Milestone Husky IVO servers
Overview of the Milestone Husky X2
Part of the Milestone Husky X-Series, this high-performance ‘X2’ network video recorder (NVR) offers a scalable monitoring and recording solution for up to 133 IP cameras. The rack-mountable unit offers a maximum of 20TB storage and can be managed through any variant of the Milestone XProtect suite - making it a flexible choice for any small to mid-sized organisation. Additional features include an integrated Power-over-Ethernet switch (optional), four integrated I/O ports and 2-way audio support.
The Milestone Husky X2 can be supplied with a 16-port, integrated PoE+ management switch (please select from the dropdown menu above). This allows cameras to be connected directly, as well as simplifying the installation process and reducing the amount of cabling.
Featuring the latest in Skylake processors and offering 16GB of RAM, this powerful NVR also offers a verified continuous recording rate of up to 550Mbit/s – helping it to meet the demands of small to medium-sized surveillance applications. The ‘X2’ network video recorder features two drive bays and can be supplied with 4TB, 12TB, 16TB or 20TB of pre-installed Western Digital Purple HDD’s. Alternatively, this NVR is purchasable as an empty chassis with hard drive tray packs (please select the required model from the dropdown menu above).
Pre-loaded with eight XProtect Essential+ licences out-of-the-box; users have the ability to access higher levels of functionality and system scalability by replacing this free VMS with any of the paid XProtect video management software variants (purchase of a Milestone XProtect base and device licences are required). Access to the system is made easily available through the PC smart client, web client and via Milestone's mobile app.
Please note: to install Milestone XProtect Express+, Professional+, Expert or Corporate onto this NVR - a base licence, camera licences (single licence required for each device added to the system) and Care Plus will need to be purchased separately.
Users also have the ability to create a straightforward standalone solution, without the need of a PC, by connecting an HD monitor via the NVR’s integrated HDMI output. In addition, the four integrated I/O ports enable the connection of external devices to add an extra dimension to security and surveillance operations.
Key features and benefits
- Powerful Husky X2 provides a reliable recording and storage solution for up to 133 IP cameras
- Optional integrated PoE+ switch supplies the cameras with both power and network connectivity via a single cable (please select from the dropdown above)
- Includes powerful Intel Skylake processors and 16GB of RAM
- Up to 20TB of Western Digital Purple drive storage across two bays (Husky X2 only supports WD Purple HDD's)
- 550 Mbit/s recording rate provides reliable recording for multiple IP camera systems with high throughput
- Fully scalable solution with support for Milestone's XProtect video management software variants (sold separately)
- Preloaded with eight XProtect Essential+ device licences for basic video management out-of-the-box
- Easy to use with three flexible viewing interfaces, Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone mobile app
- A HD monitor can be connected via the HDMI output for a standalone CCTV workstation
- Built-in I/O ports allow the connection of external devices to help enhance alarm signalling
- Site map support offers a full overview of all IP cameras in the system
- Audio support enables communication between the user and persons close to the camera (camera model dependent)
- Supports third-party integrations and Milestone add-on products
The versatile, Milestone Husky X2 NVR device offers up to 20TB of storage and users are able to freely select the specific XProtect VMS variant to meet their security surveillance needs. Ideal for small to medium-sized businesses, typical applications include retail parks, university campuses and airports.
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):