Overview of the Axis T8123-E DC 30W Midspan (1-Port)
This outdoor-ready Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) midspan enables a single Axis network device to receive data and up to 30W of power over standard Ethernet cable - removing the need for a local power source. Compatible with both IEEE802.3af and 802.3at power standards, the unit is also IP66-rated for safe and reliable operation in external environments.
The device features data throughput speeds of 10, 100 and 1000MBps, and can operate in temperatures as low as -40°C - making it ideal for use within exposed, outdoor locations. Installation of the midspan is simplified as power is provided over existing Ethernet infrastructures. Additionally, it also features built-in surge protection for both the AC and PoE ports ensuring indoor equipment is protected from outdoor surges.
Please note: for IP cameras without PoE support, a separate splitter is required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering up to 30W of power to Axis network devices through the Ethernet connection
- Compatible with both IEEE802.3at and IEEE802.3af Power-over-Ethernet standards
- IP66-rated casing enables durable indoor or outdoor use
- Shielded RJ45 connectors for straightforward installation to mains cable and IP device
- Able to operate in temperatures ranging from 55°C to -40°C
- Power, data and video inputs are protected by built-in surge suppression
- Gigabit network speeds ensure no data bottlenecks
- Provides safe and reliable power over existing Ethernet infrastructures