This product has been discontinued, for alternative models please see Network Video Encoders.
Overview of the Hikvision DS-6716HWI
This 16-channel network video encoder by Hikvision provides a cost-effective solution to enable migration from an analogue CCTV system to IP - without needing to upgrade existing cameras. Ideal for small to medium-sized CCTV systems, the unit enables up to 16 analogue cameras to be encoded. Additional features include support for H.264 compression format, alarm/event management and two-way audio.
With support for both H.264 and Motion JPEG, the encoder is capable of delivering smooth video streams at full frame rate in resolutions up to D1 (720 x 480). Intelligent video capabilities such as video motion detection and active tampering alarms are supported to help alert the user of potential security breaches for precise, reliable monitoring. In addition, the integrated RS485 port provides PTZ control via the web interface, allowing analogue cameras that feature pan-tilt-zoom functionality to be controlled.
Key features & benefits
- 16 channel encoder enables the migration of up to 16 analogue cameras into an IP video system
- Support for both H.264 and MJPEG to help reduce bandwidth and storage requirements
- Configurable video motion detection alarms help deliver accurate security monitoring
- Two-way audio allows for interactive communication between viewers and the camera location
- RS485 port enables PTZ functionality to be utilised on analogue CCTV cameras (model dependant)
- Compact form factor enables non-invasive installation of the unit
- Dimensions: 440 (W) x 45 (D) x 274 (H) mm
- Power consumption: <22W
- Warranty period: 3 years
Compatible Recording Platforms
The Hikvision DS-6716HWI network video encoder is suitable for small to medium-sized organisations that wish to have the additional advanced security features of an IP based system - without replacing analogues cameras. Typical applications include small offices, community centres and supermarkets.