Overview of the Axis T8648
The Axis T8648 blade compact kit allows existing coax cabling to be kept during migration from an analogue system to digital IP system. It consists of a 6-channel blade and a 6 x Axis T8643 PoE+ over coax compact devices to convert up to six cameras - providing a cost-effective, multi-channel solution for installations where cabling may be inaccessible in some locations.
Offering support for both standard and Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+), the hot-swappable blade can also be easily fitted into an Axis encoder chassis or an Axis 291 1U video server rack. For improved installation and cable management, the compact devices can be seamlessly integrated into housings and back boxed. The device unit and connected network camera are able to receive power over the coax using either Axis T8085 (500 W) or Axis T8082 rack-mounted (1 kW + 1 kW redundant) power supplies.
Please note: this unit does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
- Kit consists of one Axis T8646 PoE+ over coax blade and six Axis T8643 PoE+ over coax compact devices
- Supports both standard and Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+)
- Allows existing coax cabling to be retained during upgrade from an analogue to digital system
- Compatible with all Axis video encoder chassis - for a flexible migration solution
- Compact adapter can be easily integrated into existing housing and back boxes
- Supplied with intuitive LED displays for network and power status confirmation
- Power input: 1.5W
- Power output: devices up to 25.5W
- Warranty: 5 years
The Axis T8648 is a cost-effective solution to convert an analogue system to digital IP - whilst retaining coax cabling. Designed for larger CCTV security installations, typical applications include hospitals, prisons and train stations.