Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-IS
Part of the affordable Hikvision range, this outdoor-ready unit is capable of providing 8 megapixel resolution at up to 20 frames per second (fps). The vandal-resistant, IP67-rated unit supports true day/night recording and up to 30m of infrared (IR) illumination - making it ideal for round-the-clock monitoring of exposed outdoor areas. Additional features include, support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), edge storage and free remote access via Hikvision's iVMS-4200 video management software.
Models available (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- 8MP resolution with a 102° view and 30m IR night vision (DS-2CD2185FWD-I-2.8mm)
- 8MP resolution with a 79° view and 30m IR night vision (DS-2CD2185FWD-I-4mm)
The unit offers a 102° viewing angle (model dependant)and enables a wide area of the scene to be monitored. Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology helps to improve images captured in difficult lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows - ensuring individuals and objects are clearly visible. Various video motion detection methods can be configured to enhance dynamic scene awareness and deliver reliable security monitoring. In addition, the integrated alarm and audio I/O ports support the connection of external devices to help enhance alarm signalling or enable features such as one-way audio.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering 8 megapixel resolution at 20 fps - for detail-packed CCTV surveillance
- True day/night functionality enables 24-hour surveillance of outdoor areas
- Round-the-clock monitoring is supported with an integrated IR-cut filter
- Choice of 2.8mm (102° angle of view) or 4mm (79° angle of view) lens options are available
- IK10 and IP67-rated casing provides protection in exposed outdoor locations
- WDR technology retains the level of detail across images with high contrast lighting
- Low-light images have less noise and require less bandwidth with 3D noise reduction
- Video motion detection alarms can be used to trigger edge storage and alert users of activity
- Alarm signalling is enhanced when external alarm sources are connected via I/O ports
- One-way audio is supported when a microphone (not included) is connected via the integrated audio I/O ports
- PoE supplies camera with both power and network connectivity for a cost-effective installation
- H.265 compression format offers further reductions on bandwidth and storage
- Free remote access to recording and live view through Hikvision's iVMS-4200 VMS
- Dimensions: Φ111 × 82.4 mm
- PoE consumption: 9W
- Warranty: 3 years
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2185FWD-IS fixed dome IP camera is an affordable choice for businesses that require round-the-clock CCTV surveillance of exposed, outdoor locations. Typical applications include outside of licensed premises, car parks and school grounds.
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):