Overview of the Raytec Vario2 w8-2
Call for availability prior to ordering
Part of the powerful Vario2 series, this double-panel white-light illuminator can be used with alongside an IP camera to help enhance night-time surveillance. Suitable for use in outdoor locations, the IP66-rated unit also features Adaptive illumination and Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT).
Ideal for use as a visual deterrent to potential intruders, this illuminator produces a white-light beam which can illuminate a scene at an angle of up to 120° or at a distance of 254m (at 10°). It’s supplied with three holographic lens inserts (10°, 35° and 60°) which each offer different size beam angles and can be interchanged easily - thanks to the unit’s flexible design. This allows users to choose a lens insert that provides the best beam angle and illumination range for their lighting requirements. Optional 80° or 120° lens inserts are also available if a wider angle is required (see dropdown menu above).
The unit delivers enhanced illumination in a highly-diffused, elliptical beam directly to where it is most needed using Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT). This also allows further illumination distances, whilst helping to prevent overexposure of foreground objects.
A handful of ‘green’ features are included such as power adjustment, telemetry control and a timer function – all of which help towards keeping energy costs down. An additional Vario remote control is available (please select from the dropdown menu above) to allow fine-tuning from the ground.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario2 w8-2:
|10 x 10°
||254m at 10°
||179m at 20°
|35 x 10° (fitted as standard)
||134m at 35°
||95m at 70°
|60 x 25°
||71m at 60°
||50m at 120°
|80° x 30°
||49m at 80°
||37m at 140°
|120° x 50°
||35m at 120°
||29m at 180°
Please note: a power supply is not included with this illuminator, please select from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Double-panel illuminator enables an IP camera to deliver full colour video monitoring round-the-clock
- White-light beam provides a visual deterrent against intruders at a maximum distance of 254m
- Outdoor-ready housing is IP66-rated – allowing it to be safely deployed in external areas
- Support for various lens inserts, allowing the user to select the most effective illumination angle for the scene
- Hot-spot Reduction technology generates longer illumination distances and prevents over-exposure
- Instant operational feedback on status and performance using the handy LED status indicator
- Green Technologies such as power adjustment and telemetry control help keep energy costs down
- Optional Vario remote control enables easy fine tuning from the ground
The Raytec Vario2 w8-2 double-panel, white-light illuminator enables an IP camera to deliver full colour monitoring of outdoor areas that may require a visual deterrent – 24 hours a day. Typical applications include storage yards, car parks and warehouses.
- 10°, 35° and 60° Vario holographic lens inserts
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- Power supply
- Raytec Vario remote control
- Raytec Vario 80° or 120° holographic lens inserts