Overview of the Raytec Vario2 IP PoE i8-1
Call for availability prior to ordering
This powerful infrared (IR) illuminator from Raytec can be used in conjunction with any IP camera with infrared-sensitivity to enhance night-time surveillance. It also offers support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) for seamless integration into an IP system, and can be managed easily through the integrated Vario IP web interface.
The unit provides an 850nm infrared beam at an angle up to 120°, or a maximum illumination range of 350m (at 10°) – ideal for monitoring long distances at night. It’s equipped with Vario’s interchangeable lens system and is also supplied with three holographic lens inserts. These inserts can be easily interchanged, allowing users to match the most suitable beam angle and illumination distance to their specific lighting requirements. Alternatively, if an even wider beam angle is required, 80° and 120° lens inserts are also available and are selectable from the dropdown menu above.
Using Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT), the unit delivers a highly-diffused, elliptical beam shape – delivering light to where it is needed. This powerful technology also helps to generate longer illumination distances, minimises light wastage and also prevents the overexposure of foreground objects.
With support for Power-over-Ethernet, this network illuminator can be easily integrated into a new or existing IP system and managed via the Vario IP web interface. This handy piece of software includes a range of advanced settings and also enables users to respond to events in real-time. Groups of up to 16 illuminators can also be centrally managed – handy in larger systems with multiple units.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario2 IP PoE i8-1:
|10 x 10°||350m at 10°
|35 x 10° (fitted as standard)||165m at 35°
|60 x 25°||95m at 60°
|80° x 30°||70m at 80°
|120° x 50°||45m at 120°
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Designed for use with IR-sensitive IP cameras to enable long-range monochrome image capture and surveillance at night
- Outdoor-ready unit is IP66-rated, allowing it to be safely deployed in outdoor locations
- Can be connected and controlled remotely over a network, reducing site visits and lowering costs
- Powerful 850nm LEDs offer non-invasive monitoring, ideal where the use of artificial light is restricted
- Various lens inserts are available, allowing users to select the most effective illumination angle for the scene
- Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) enables further illumination with reduced light wastage
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
- User-friendly web interface provides simple set up, a range of advanced settings and allows users to respond to live events in real-time
- Units can be controlled individually or groups - ideal for CCTV systems with multiple cameras
The Raytec Vario2 IP PoE i8-1 network IR illuminator is an ideal choice for large outdoor applications that require long-range, image capture at night. Typical applications include university campuses, shipping docks and airports.
- 10°, 35° and 60° lenses
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above if required):
- PoE midspan
- 80° or 120° lens