Overview of the Synology DX517
This expansion unit from Synology includes five drive bays and provides up to 50TB of additional storage when connected to a Synology DiskStation NAS using the included expansion cable.
The unit’s hot-swappable design enables straightforward installation of hard drives and also helps to reduce costly system downtime during drive replacement. Either end of the supplied expansion cable features an eSATA connector to help ensure a reliable connection and maximum throughput. In addition, the RAID volume of any connected DiskStation unit can be expanded directly without having to reformat any of the existing hard drives - helping to ensure seamless expansion of capacity without any system downtime.
Alternatively, the unit can be used as a dedicated local backup solution for a Synology DiskStation. When created as a separate volume, this expansion unit supports the backup of data to its local hard drives in the case of system failure.
this expansion unit can be supplied with a choice of up to five 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Expansion unit designed for direct connection to a Synology NAS to provide up to 50TB of additional storage
- Compatible with a wide range of Synology network attached storage devices and NVR units
- Supports up to 50TB storage across five drive bays and can be supplied with WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Straightforward installation and hassle-free maintenance of disks with hot-swappable design
- Included expansion cable ensures a reliable connection and maximum throughput
- User’s Guide
- Accessory pack
- AC power cord
- Expansion cable
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):