Overview of the Mobotix MxThinClient
This compact IP video interface from Mobotix features an integrated HDMI port for the connection of a surveillance monitor. Offering a straightforward solution for the local display of live video footage from an IP camera, this handy unit supports resolutions up to Full HD (1920x720) and is easily powered via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Users can integrate and power the unit by connecting it via the network cable, into the PoE switch of their existing Mobotix IP camera system. For initial configuration, a PC must also be connected to the PoE switch – allowing users to set up various features such as password protection and camera integration. Following this, a PC is no longer required and further settings can be configured via an Internet browser and MxThinClient IP address.
Key features & benefits
- IP video interface enables the live display of IP cameras or door stations via a surveillance monitor
- Integrated HDMI output enables easy connection to a local display
- Support for all camera resolutions up to 1920 x 720
- Easy to power via an Ethernet cable to the same PoE switch as the displayed camera
- Compact form factor allows for discreet installation
The Mobotix MxThinClient is a neat little piece of kit that can be connected to a Mobotix IP camera system’s PoE switch - enabling live display of video footage onto a local monitor. Typical applications include hotel lobbies, retail stores and waiting rooms.