Overview of the Microsemi PD-9004G
The Microsemi PD-9004G Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) midspan supports up to 4 remote network devices, providing them with power through an Ethernet cable. By supplying power to IP devices from a remote location, this midspan removes the need for a local power source and allows management of power from a centralised location. It’s also ideal when upgrading existing infrastructures that include wireless LAN access points, IP cameras and IP phones to PoE.
Compatible with IEEE 802.3af standard, each port receives 30 Watts of power (guaranteed) and supports a data throughput rate of 10/100/1000Mbps. This unit can also be rack-mounted with a 1U 19” rack holding up to 3 units.
Key features & benefits
- 4-port midspan provides up to 30W of power to each connected IP device
- Fully compliant with Power-over-Ethernet IEEE802.3af standard
- Supports a data throughput of 10/100/1000Mbps
- Provides safe and reliable power over existing Ethernet infrastructures
- Rack-mountable with 3 units fitting in a 1U 19” rack
This stand-alone PoE midspan is an ideal solution for small to medium sized businesses that are looking to power individual IP cameras or network devices from a remote location. Typical applications include small offices, cafes and independent retail stores.