Overview of the Mobotix M16 AllroundDual Thermal
Call for availability prior to ordering
The Mobotix M16 Thermal is a durable network camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology that provides reliable and accurate CCTV surveillance of indoor or outdoor areas. It features a modular lens design which supports the connection of a thermal imaging sensor, alongside a day or night optical lens. This versatile ‘all-rounder’ also includes MicroSD card recording, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Part of the Mobotix Mx6 Series, the unit’s high-performance CPU supports the delivery of up to twice as many images per second than previous Mx5 models - capturing detail-packed 6 megapixel resolution at a maximum of 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. H.264 compression format is also supported in the Mx6 Series, alongside MxPEG and MJPEG - allowing users to choose the right codec for their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. In addition, Mobotix Moonlight technology is included to ensure detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
A wide choice of day, night and thermal imaging lenses offer flexibility and allow the user to build a surveillance system that meets their exact monitoring requirements. Optical lenses provide viewing angles from 180° fisheye down to 8° super-tele and are available in either day or night versions. Users can also choose between thermal lenses with either a 45°, 25° or 17° angle of view.
When ordering, please select the lens combination that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Modular design supports the connection of a thermal imaging sensor, alongside a day or night optical lens (ranging from fisheye to super-tele)
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) optical lens versions are available
- Thermal lens modules provide thermal imaging at a resolution of 336 x 252 to detect objects in total darkness
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Regions of the image can be examined in closer detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Two-way audio support with a built-in microphone and speaker allows communication between user and scene
- Integrated PIR sensor can detect motion - even in complete darkness
- Edge storage provides a backup solution in the case of network connection failure and is also ideal in standalone set ups
- MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264 compression formats are supported to help optimise use of network resources
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- Multiple areas within the field of view can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multicast-stream via RTSP
- IP66 and IK06-rated housing offers protection against harsh weather conditions
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is a ‘stand-alone’ CCTV system with the ability to process and store video on-board the camera, using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. This approach makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding, as no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras is required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above dropdown menu)
On-board image processing ensures high quality images are captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. The unit’s processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved. This lowers bandwidth and allows a number of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor delivers accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat mapping helps to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass specific locations - and in what direction.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is a free video management software supported by all Mobotix cameras that features no license fees or update costs. In addition, the Mobotix iOS app is also available which provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 7 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
The full Mobotix range can also use an external NAS for automatic backup, and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix M16 Thermal network camera delivers high quality 6MP resolution in addition to advanced thermal imaging – ideal for organisations that require accurate and reliable security surveillance. Typical applications include airports, industrial sites and shipping docks.
- 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- 4GB MicroSD card
- Housing (high-resistance composite, PBT)
- Selected thermal sensor module (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenches (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50m patch cable
- Mobotix MxEasy and MxControlCenter video management software
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card