This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see Milestone's Husky NVR Series
Overview of the Milestone Husky M500A
Part of Milestone’s high-performance Husky range, this advanced network video recorder (NVR) can support up to 512 cameras. The M500A has a 2U rack-mount design and is preloaded with Milestone XProtect Expert with a total storage capacity of 64TB (with support for RAID 5, 10 and 50 included). This Husky also features an i7 Intel processor, 16GB RAM, two-way audio, Milestone Interconnect and multicast support.
By connecting an HD monitor via the HDMI port, the M500A can be used as an all-in-one standalone surveillance workstation. With an impressive maximum recording rate of 600Mbit/s, this unit has the potential to support the demands of most large-sized installations.
All eight HDD bays come pre-fitted with Western Digital Purple hard drives and RAID Controller is also included - optimised for streaming applications. If further space is required, the M500A can be connected to multiple compatible Milestone Huskys, all centrally managed using Milestone Interconnect. The live video feed and any stored footage can be easily accessed through the PC smart client, web client and on the go via Milestone’s mobile app.
Users can use the Smart Client’s interactive multi-layered maps feature to survey their full camera system with ease. If multiple parties are involved you can also share a camera’s live feed across a number of sites using multicast. To maintain system performance the M500A uses hardware accelerated video motion detection that reduces the CPU load by up to 75%.
The M500A supports the use of Milestone XProtect add-ons, including XTransact, XProtect retail, XProtect LPR and XProtect Screen Recorder. Users also have the option to integrate third-party applications, allowing the system to be tailored to a wide range of business solutions.
Please note: the Husky M500A can accommodate a total of 512 cameras with the purchase of a Husky XProtect Expert device licence for each device on the system. In this scenario, additional switches would also be required – see the related products above.
The Husky M500A is available in a number of variants with different storage capacities and with the purchase of each additional licence you are also provided with 3 years of Care Plus - please make your selection from the drop down menu above.
Key features & benefits
- Supports up to a total of 512 cameras with the purchase of licences and switches (no licences included)
- Connection of an HD monitor via the HDMI port provides the option to be used as a stand-alone CCTV workstation
- Total of 64TB storage available across eight bays in different configurations (SATA drives and RAID Controller supported)
- Preloaded with XProtect Expert with 3 years of Care Plus
- Each additional Husky XProtext Expert device licence also comes with 3 years of Care Plus
- 600 Mbit/s recording rate provides reliable recording for demanding camera systems with high throughput
- CPU load is reduced by up to 75% using hardware accelerated motion detection
- Share your live stream with external sites using multicast
- Full overview of the camera system is provided by interactive multi-layered maps – helping to locate cameras and events easily
- Alarm Manager provides instant access to cameras to allow immediate detection of any incidents
- Easy to use with 3 flexible viewing interfaces, Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone mobile app
- Audio can be recorded with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included) through the I/O ports
- Ability to connect to additional Milestone Husky NVRs for a scalable system that can be centrally managed
- Includes a powerful Intel i7 processor and 16GB of RAM
- Supports third-party integrations and Milestone add-on products
The Milestone Husky M500A NVR comes preloaded with XProtect Expert, 3 years of Care Plus and a maximum of 64TB of storage - available across eight HDD bays. An ideal solution for businesses that require large scale IP video systems such as stadiums, train station terminals and casinos.
- Milestone XProtect Expert camera licence - a maximum of 512 are available (additional PoE+ switches required)