Overview of the Synology RX1217
The RX1217 expansion unit features twelve drive bays that provide up to 120TB of additional storage when connected via the included expansion cable to a Synology RackStation Network Attached Storage (NAS) device.
A hot-swappable drive design allows for the quick and simple installation of additional hard drives, while an Infiniband port ensures a high-performing consistent connection with full throughput. A quick connection speed means that the hard drives fitted in the RX1217 will operate identically to those found in the Synology RackStation, with no lag in data retrieval.
The RAID volume of the RackStation can be expanded seamlessly without the need to reformat existing hard drives – resulting in continued service during the capacity expansion process.
This unit can also be used as a dedicated local backup solution in the event the Synology RackStation has a system failure. By designating it as a separate volume, data will be backed up to its local hard drives, to be retrieved when needed.
Please note: This expansion unit can be supplied with a choice of up to twelve 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Expansion unit can be connected directly to a Synology RackStation NAS providing up to 120TB of additional storage (capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Compatible with a number of Synology RackStation units (please check the full compatibility list)
- Supports up to 120TB storage across 12 drive-bays and is optionally supplied with WD Purple hard drives (up to 72TB – supplied separately)
- Deep sleep can activate after a period of inactivity, saving energy and extends drive lifespan
- Capacity expansion is made fast and easy with hot-swappable design
- Included expansion cable provides connection reliability and maximum throughput
- User’s Guide
- Accessory pack
- AC power cord
- Expansion cable (Infiniband)
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):