This product is discontinued, please find alterative models in the Synology category
Overview of the Synology RS3617xs+
This powerful Network Attached Storage (NAS) device by Synology offers a secure data storage and management solution. The 2U rackmount chassis features 12 drive bays that provide up to 120TB of storage, this unit also has the ability to expand its storage capacity up to 360TB, by connecting two RX1217 or RX1217RP expansion units.
Powered by Synology’s innovative DiskStation Manager, the RS3617xs+ includes a number of applications and features that allow for easy management of drives and data – ideal for medium to large-scale businesses. With support for Windows ADS this unit can be easily integrated into any existing network, without recreating user accounts.
This NAS device is equipped with a powerful 6-core Intel processor that produces boosting performance at over 4,937 MB/s throughput and 556,727 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled. Also, the AES-NI hardware encryption engine supports the fast and secure transmission of encrypted data. Four 1GbE and two 10GbE RJ-45 ports deliver high performance when data-intensive applications put heavy demand on the storage system. In the event of network failure, the 6 ports include failover support which will ensure a continual service uptime, and Synology High Availability technology provides seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure. Additionally, the unit’s two USB 3.0 ports enable the connection of external storage devices, for fast and efficient file transfer.
The RS3617xs+ can be easily installed into a server rack with the Synology RKS1317 rail kit (please select in dropdown menu above), making it simple to slide the unit in and out for easy maintenance.
With this RackStation NAS unit you have the option for it to be supplied with a choice of up to twelve 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These robust drives are specifically engineered for demanding video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) unit provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for medium to large sized businesses
- 12 drive bays house up to 120TB storage - high-performance WD Purple hard drives can be supplied separately
- With the connection of up to two Synology RX1217 or RX1217RP expansion units, storage can be increased to 360TB
- DiskStation Manager Software allows for the secure easy management and sharing of data files
- Over 4,937 MB/s throughput and 556,727 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration
- AES-NI hardware encryption engine ensures security without compromising performance and provides over 2,612MB/s reading speeds
- 6x Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to ensure continuous network up-time
- Two USB 3.0 ports enable the quick transfer of files onto external storage devices
The Synology RackStation RS3617xs+ offers a robust storage solution with up to 120TB across 12 drive bays when used independently. A suitable option for already established organisations or continuously expanding ones, the device allows the connection of additional expansion units, increasing storage levels to 360TB. Typical applications include medium to large scale organisations such as factories, sports stadiums and city surveillance.
- Accessory pack
- AC Power Cord x2
- Quick Installation Guide
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required