This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Hikvision IP cameras
Overview of the Hikvision iDS-2CD6412FWD/C
This modular network camera consists of a main unit and separate sensor unit designed for people counting and non-invasive video surveillance of indoor areas. The unit should be mounted onto a ceiling for best results and used in conjunction with the free iVMS-4200 software to provide helpful customer or visitor traffic statistics - beneficial in a variety of small business applications.
The L-shaped sensor can be fitted into a palm-sized dome and delivers high quality 1.3MP resolution at up to 25 frames per second (fps) alongside a wide horizontal viewing angle of 115°. For flexible installation options, the main unit can be placed up to 8m away from the sensor using the detachable cable – ideal when space is limited such as in shop entranceways.
Electronic day/night capability allows the camera to switch to black and white recording when low levels of light are detected – providing improved clarity in dimly lit environments. A handful of imaging technologies are also included such as wide dynamic range (WDR) and noise reduction to improve the quality of images captured in challenging light conditions.
Using the camera’s built-in algorithms, together with the supplied iVMS-4200 software, the number of people entering and exiting an area is captured and this information can also be displayed in real-time through a separate monitor (not included). The data can then be exported in spreadsheet format to a choice of storage options including the built-in SD card slot (card not included) for further analysis. The data can offer a helpful insight into the customer traffic levels of specific areas in an indoor location.
A range of configurable video motion detection alarms are available and can trigger recording to the SD card whilst alerting users of activity via a range of notifications including email. The camera's built-in alarm and audio I/O ports allow the connection of external devices that can help to enhance alarm signalling or enable features such as two-way audio.
With support for triple codec, video can be flexibly compressed using H.264, Motion JPEG or MPEG-4 format depending on what is required. Triple streaming can help to reduce bandwidth and storage requirements by enabling up to three streams with different resolutions and frame rates to be configured.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Modular people counting IP camera consists of a separate main unit and inoffensive sensor
- Delivers smooth, high-quality video footage in 1.3 megapixel resolution at 25 frames per second
- Data such as people entering and exiting can be counted, displayed and exported – providing helpful customer traffic information
- L-shaped sensor module includes an optional dome housing and provides a wide horizontal view of 115°
- Detachable cable enables the main unit and sensor to be separated by a distance of up to 8m
- Electronic day/night switches to black and white recording when low levels of light are detected
- Noise reduction and WDR technologies help to improve image clarity in challenging light conditions
- Configurable motion detection alarms notify users of scene activity and enhance security monitoring
- External devices can be connected via alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- Two-way audio is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included)
- Triple streaming support allows different data (H.264/MJPEG4/MJPEG) to be streamed simultaneously
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision iDS-2CD6412FWD/C people counting camera provides an unobtrusive monitoring solution, as well as offering businesses a helpful insight into customer traffic levels. Typical applications include supermarkets, healthcare walk-in centres and train station entrances.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
Optional: (please select from the above drop down menu if required)