This product is no longer available, a suggested alternative is the Hikvision DS-2DP0818Z-D
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD6986F(5MM)
This multi-sensor dome houses four lens modules that deliver 180° overviews in 7.3MP resolution and can capture colour images, even in dimly lit environments using Hikvision’s Darkfighter technology. The IP66 and IK10 rated unit also supports true day/night recording, making it ideal for round-the-clock surveillance of exposed locations. Additional features include integrated MicroSD card storage and easy installation via high Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Designed to deliver a full 180° overview indoors or outdoors, the unit’s four 5mm lenses are fixed in position across a pan/tilt sphere within the dome. This mechanism can then be manually adjusted to achieve optimum panoramic viewing.
Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology is included to help improve images captured in challenging lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows - ensuring individuals and objects are clearly visible. In addition, defog technology improves the clarity of images in scenes subject to environmental conditions such as fog, haze and smoke.
Users can configure video motion detection and tampering alarms to alert them of possible incidents and also connect external devices through the unit’s I/O ports to enhance alarm signalling. A microphone or speaker can be connected via the audio I/O port - enabling audio recording or the delivery of sound notifications to those close to the camera.
Installation is simplified with support for high PoE and recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails. The Hikvision iVMS-4200 software is supplied free-of-charge to provide a simple video management solution and users can also download the Hik-Connect mobile app for basic CCTV monitoring on-the-go.
this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Multi-sensor IP camera features 4 lens modules that deliver 180° views in 7.3MP resolution
- All four lenses can be manually adjusted together to set the desired viewing direction
- Integrated IR-cut filter provides true day/night functionality for round-the-clock surveillance
- IP66 and IK10 rated housing protects against harsh weather conditions and tampering attempts
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) improves image quality in scenes with high contrast lighting
- Video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to provide reliable IP CCTV monitoring
- Alarm signalling is enhanced with the connection of external devices through built-in I/O ports
- One-way audio is supported when a microphone or speaker is connected via the integrated audio I/O port
- High PoE supplies both power and network connection through one cable for a cost-effective installation
- Edge recording to MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
- Supplied Hikvision iVMS-4200 software provides a free video management solution
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD6986F(5MM) PanoVu multi-sensor dome delivers a 180° overview in 7.3MP resolution and is an ideal choice for exposed locations that require round-the-clock surveillance. Typical applications include train stations, schools and warehouses.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
- PoE midspan
- MicroSD card
- Mounting options