This product is no longer available, a suggested alternative is the Hikvision DS-2DP0818Z-D
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DP1636Z-D
This panoramic surveillance solution from Hikvision consists of eight sensor modules that deliver two 180° overviews in 8MP resolution, and a PTZ dome that simultaneously captures clear close-ups in HD 1080p. The unit is IP66-rated and features built-in motion detection and target tracking, making it ideal for monitoring large outdoor locations. It’s also supplied with a 36VDC power supply and supports MicroSD card recording.
Using the PTZ dome’s variable pan/tilt movements, users have the ability to navigate across wide areas easily; this is ideal when monitoring a person or incident. In addition, 36x optical zooming allows areas of interest to be examined in real-time and a 16x digital zoom enables quick close-ups to be obtained.
The unit is designed to deliver full colour images even in low-light but will automatically switch to infrared mode if light levels are too low. Helpful imaging technologies such as wide dynamic range (WDR) and 3D noise reduction are also included to help improve image quality in challenging lighting conditions. Defog technology is also supported to improve the clarity of images captured in smoke, fog or haze.
A range of configurable video motion detection alarms help to alert users of possible incidents, and alarm signalling is enhanced with the connection of external devices through the unit’s I/O ports. Motion detection alerts can also trigger specific tasks such as guard tours / patrols or starting the automatic target tracking function to ensure activity is followed and captured. In addition, a microphone and speaker (not included) can be connected through the audio I/O ports - enabling audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera.
The unit is supplied with Hikvision’s iVMS-4200 software which provides a simple video management solution – free of charge. Additionally, this handy piece of software is able to stitch together both of the 180° images captured - providing a full 360° overview that helps increase situational awareness.
H.264 and MJPEG compression formats are both supported and with the use of dual-streaming, users can configure streams in different resolutions to help save on storage and bandwidth costs. Edge storage is included and recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) - providing a helpful backup of data if the network fails.
Key features & benefits
- Multi-sensor unit consists of 8 sensor modules and a PTZ dome - offering wide area coverage and one click PTZ positioning
- Robust, IP66 rated housing provides protection against outdoor conditions
- Sensor modules deliver two 180° views in 8MP resolution at full frame rate
- PTZ dome captures 1080p resolution images at 25 frames per second (fps)
- Regions of interest can be investigated in real-time with the PTZ dome’s 36x optical zoom
- 16x digital zoom is handy for further examination of images
- Noise reduction and WDR technologies help to improve image clarity in difficult light conditions
- Video motion detection alarms can be configured and also trigger actions such as automatic tracking or guard tours
- Alarm signalling is enhanced when external alarm sources are connected via I/O ports
- Audio I/O ports support the connection of an external microphone and speaker to provide two-way audio
- Supplied Hikvision iVMS-4200 software stitches both 180° images together – providing a full 360° panoramic overview
- H.264 and MJPEG compression options allow flexible system configuration
- Edge recording to MicroSD card (not included) provides a back up solution if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DP1636Z-D PanoVu multi-sensor IP camera offers two 180° overviews in 8MP resolution, and PTZ monitoring in HD 1080p for clear capture of details. The unit is an ideal choice for the surveillance of large outdoor areas such as amusement parks, shopping centres and city surveillance applications.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- 36 VDC power supply
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
- MicroSD card
- Mounting options