This product is now discontinued and replaced by the Bosch AUTODOME IP 4000i
Overview of the Bosch AUTODOME IP 4000 HD
This indoor PTZ network camera delivers smooth HD 720p video footage at full frame rate, complete with true day/night recording. Part of the advanced AUTODOME 4000 series, the unit offers full pan/tilt functionality and a 12x optical zoom for detailed examination of the scene. Supporting resolutions up to HD 1080p, this series also includes a unit that is specifically designed for in-ceiling mounting and all models in the range can be installed using Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+).
Using the camera’s variable pan/tilt movements (including 360° continuous rotation), users are able to precisely navigate across wide areas - particularly helpful when closely monitoring a person or incident. 12x optical zooming allows areas of interest to be investigated in real-time and with support for up to 256 preset positions, users can also configure guard tours to monitor multiple regions in a sequence.
For clearer low-light images, the included Bosch Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction technology (IDNR) analyses the scene and reduces noise levels accordingly. These low-noise images, together with the unit’s efficient H.264 compression technology, result in reduced bandwidth streams that still retain a high image quality.
Video motion detection methods are configurable to help alert users of possible incidents and alarm signalling can be enhanced with the connection of external alarm sources via the built in I/O ports. In addition, motion detection can be used to trigger certain tasks such as starting a guard tour or moving directly to a pre-set location to ensure all activity is captured. The unit also features audio I/O ports that allow a microphone and speaker (not included) to be connected - enabling audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera.
Multiple configurable streams in H.264 and MJPEG are supported and with the use of area-based encoding, compression parameters for up to eight user-defined regions can be set. This allows areas of less importance to be highly compressed, leaving higher levels of bandwidth for regions that are of interest. Intelligent encoding capabilities will also drop bandwidth levels if there is little or no motion detected - ensuring storage is not used for less important footage.
PoE+ compatibility allows the camera to receive power and network connectivity over a single cable for cost-effective installation. Recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) and provide a helpful data backup if the network fails. Additionally, remote monitoring is supported with the use of Bosch’s free Video Security application. This app supports live viewing, camera control (pan/tilt/zoom) and recording playback - all from a mobile device.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Up to HD 1080p resolution is supported, providing detail packed IP CCTV footage
- Responsive scene navigation using variable pan/tilt movements (including 360° pan)
- True day/night function automatically switches to infrared (IR) mode in low light for 24-hour surveillance of indoor areas
- 12x optical zoom allows areas of interest to be investigated in real-time
- Up to 256 preset positions and 2 guard tours are supported (preset and recorded) – all of which can be configured to trigger on an event basis
- Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction improves video quality in low-light environments
- Enhanced scene awareness with configurable video motion detection alarms
- Additional external alarm sources can be connected via integrated alarm I/O ports
- Audio I/O ports support the connection of an external microphone and speaker to provide two-way audio
- H.264, MJPEG and area-based encoding help to manage and reduce storage and bandwidth levels
- PoE+ supplies power to the camera through the network cable for cost-effective installation
- MicroSD card storage provides a data back up in the event of network failure
- Easy access to the camera via the Bosch Video PC Client, web browser or free Bosch Video Security mobile app
Compatible recording platforms
The Bosch AUTODOME IP 4000 network camera offers an ideal solution for organisations requiring high quality, indoor surveillance – 24 hours a day. The unit’s full PTZ functionality and a 12x optical zoom make it suitable for deployment in schools, hospitals and warehouses.
- Camera base template
- 1 Screwdriver
- T15 Torx
- 4 MAC address labels
- 1 Quick Installation Guide
Optional (please select from the drop down menu above if required):
- MicroSD card