Overview of Axis Camera Station S2008 Appliance
This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Camera Station S2208 Appliance
The Axis Camera Station S2008 is an 8 channel, ‘out-of-the-box’ ready surveillance appliance that features an integrated Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switch and 4TB hard drive. It’s pre-loaded with all the necessary software including Axis Camera Station 5 (ACS 5) and is preconfigured to minimise installation time. Compatible with all Axis cameras and also a range of third-party IP devices, this unit offers an ‘all-in-one’ recording solution - ideal for small to medium sized business applications.
This user-friendly device delivers feature rich CCTV monitoring and recording for up to 8 camera channels. It supports the connection of up to 2 screens via built-in HDMI and VGA outputs, and can display a single 4K resolution image in live view or playback mode (with the use of a 4K monitor). 4 x 1080p split viewing is supported in playback and when lower resolutions are selected in live view, a maximum of 25 camera split views can be displayed. This versatile appliance is also capable of recording high-quality video footage at up to 128 Mbit per second.
Designed for quick installation, this unit features an integrated 8-port PoE switch and is also supplied with eight Axis Camera Station universal device licences. The pre-loaded ACS 5 software offers an intuitive user interface that provides all the necessary features for a reliable CCTV surveillance system. Site map support offers a full system overview and responsive pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) controls allow the user to explore the system's camera channels. In addition, camera-based video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured and managed easily - ensuring high levels of dynamic scene awareness. Quick investigation and retrieval of evidence is supported through the software’s visual timeline and video search functions. Data can then be exported manually or at scheduled times to give the operator full control of their data management.
Key features and benefits:
- 'Out of the box' ready to deliver reliable high definition surveillance
- Simple set up with pre-configured system settings to minimise installation time
- Integrated 8-port PoE switch delivers Power-over-Ethernet to a maximum of 8 IP devices
- 4TB of storage offers plenty of capacity for small to medium sized businesses
- Resolutions up to 4K are supported in both live view and playback modes
- Compatible with all Axis cameras and a range of third party IP devices - suitable for a wide range of applications
- High performance, pre-installed Axis Camera Station 5 software provides advanced video management
- 8 x Axis Camera Station 5 universal device licences are included
- Up to 25 camera channels can be viewed across two monitors, ideal for workstation surveillance installations
- Site map support provides a full overview of all cameras in the system
- Visual timeline and video search functionality enables quick and easy retrieval of recordings and video files
- All hardware included has a 3-year warranty
The Axis Camera Station S2008 Appliance offers a simple ‘out-of-the-box’ surveillance solution, complete with integrated PoE switch and pre-installed video management software. Typical applications include retail stores, small industrial premises and offices.
- Mounting brackets
- Installation guide
- Power supply
- Axis T8310 video surveillance control board
- Axis P8221 I/O audio module