This product is now discontinued and has been replaced by the Synology RS3617xs+ RackStation (NAS)
Overview of the Synology RS3614xs+
This high-performance Network Video Recorder (NVR) solution consists of the RS3614xs+ Network Attached Storage (NAS) device running Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software. The software has an open platform architecture and supports over 4700 IP cameras from 90 brands. The device includes 12 drive bays that house up to 96TB storage and can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives. Additionally, the unit can easily expand its storage capacity up to 288TB with the connection of up to two RX1214 or RX1214RP expansion units.
Surveillance Station video management software can be installed and accessed via a networked PC to create a centrally managed storage and monitoring solution. The free software includes two camera licenses and allows the user to easily monitor, record and manage IP settings of up to 90 cameras in a system. Users can also access the system remotely using the DS cam mobile app on iOS and Android devices.
Please select the number of camera licences required in the dropdown menu above.
The RS3614xs+ delivers enterprise level performance at over 3,600 MB/s throughput and 439,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configurations. It’s equipped with a powerful quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine that supports the fast and secure transmission of encrypted data. Four 10GbE ports and SATA III 6GB/s support offers superior performance when data-intensive applications put heavy demand onto the storage system. The four integrated ports also feature failover support to provide reliable redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure. Additional external storage devices can be easily connected via the unit’s two USB 3.0 ports for quick data transfer.
Drives and data can be managed easily using Synology’s DiskStation Manager, making the RS3614xs+ a reliable data storage platform for large-scale business networks. It also includes Windows ADS support, allowing the unit to be easily integrated into an existing network – without the need to recreate users’ accounts.
The RS3614xs+ can be easily installed into a server rack with the Synology RKS1314 rail kit (please select in dropdown menu above). It features sliding rails, making it easy to slide the unit in and out for easy maintenance.
This NVR solution can be supplied with a choice of up to twelve 6TB WD Purple hard drives - already installed. These robust drives are specifically engineered for demanding video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- The RS3614xs+ provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for medium to large sized enterprises
- Surveillance Station video management software can be installed to provide a centrally managed monitoring and recording solution
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform design supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Free DS Cam mobile app available for remote access to Surveillance Station
- 12 drive bays house up to 96TB storage and can be supplied with high-performance WD Purple hard drives
- Storage can be increased to 288TB with the connection of up to two Synology RX1214 or RX1214RP2 expansion units
- Data can be managed and shared securely with Synology's intutive DiskStation Manager software
- Over 3,600 MB/s throughput and 439,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration
- AES-NI hardware encryption engine ensures security without compromising performance and provides over 3,458.88MB/s reading speeds
- Four Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to ensure continuous network uptime
- Multiple USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports enable the quick transfer of files onto external storage devices
The Synology RackStation RS3614xs+ offers up to 69TB across 12 drive bays when used independently. Suitable for use in continuously growing organisations, the device allows the connection of additional expansion units to increase storage levels up to 288TB. Typical applications include large scale organisations such as airports, sports stadiums and city surveillance.
- Accessory pack
- AC Power Cord x2
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required