This product has now moved to the Synology Network Attached Storage sub category Synology DS1815+ NAS device
Overview of the Synology DS1815+
This high-performance Network Video Recorder (NVR) solution consists of the DS1815+ Network Attached Storage (NAS) device running Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software. The software has an open platform architecture and supports over 4700 IP cameras from 90 brands. The device features eight drive bays that house a maximum of 48TB storage with the option of Western Digital Purple hard drives being supplied separately. Additionally, up to two Synology expansion units can be connected via the eSATA connectors to increase storage levels to a maximum of 144TB.
Synology’s free video management software can be installed onto the device and accessed via a network PC. Surveillance Station VMS includes two free camera licences and allows users to view live feeds, playback recordings and manage IP settings of up to 40 cameras in a system. Additionally, the DS cam mobile application provides remote access to a system when away from site.
Please select the number of camera licences required in the dropdown menu above.
The unit’s powerful quad core processor is capable of delivering an average of 451.44 MB/s reading and 412.95 MB/s writing speeds under RAID 5 configurations. It also features a high-performance AES-NI hardware encryption engine to support the fast and secure transmission of encrypted data. Four integrated Ethernet ports feature failover and Link Aggregation support, providing redundancy in the event of an unexpected port malfunction and improved connection speeds beyond the limits of a single network cable or port. The hot-swappable drive design reduces system downtime during maintenance and additional external storage devices can be easily connected via the unit’s USB 3.0 ports for quick data transfer.
Support for Windows ACL and LDAP allows the device to be easily integrated into existing networks. Additional add-on applications, such as DiskStation Manager offer a range of helpful tools to ensure users get the most from their network storage solution.
This NVR solution can be supplied with a choice of up to eight 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- The DS1815+ provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for medium sized enterprises
- Surveillance Station software can be installed and includes a versatile range of features to provide reliable security monitoring
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform architecture supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Free DS Cam mobile app available for remote access to Surveillance Station
- Support for up to 64TB storage across 8 drive-bays - high-performance WD Purple hard drives can be supplied separately
- Synology DS513 and DS213 expansion units are available to increase storage capacity
- High performance quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine provide fast file transfer
- Up to 451.44 MB/s reading and 412.95 MB/s writing speeds under RAID 5 configuration
- Quad LAN failover support helps ensure continuous network uptime
- USB 3.0 and eSATA ports allow external storage devices and expansion packs to be connected
- Quick installation and hassle-free maintenance of disks with hot-swappable design
- Easy integration into an existing network with Windows ACL and LDAP support
- Hard drives can be configured and managed easily with the DiskStation Manager add-on software
The Synology DS1815+ offers up to 64TB storage when used on its own. Multiple eSATA ports allow expansion devices to be connected, increasing storage levels up to 144TB. Suitable for medium sized organisations - typical applications include train station terminals, hospitals and large offices.
- Accessory pack
- AC power adapter
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN cable
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required