This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see the full range of Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Overview of the Synology RS815+
This high performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) device by Synology provides an ideal solution for the secure storage and management of video data files. The 1U rackmount chassis features four drive bays that house up to 32TB storage and can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives (fitting required). Additionally, the unit’s eSATA port allows the connection of an RX415 expansion unit to scale storage up to 64TB.
The RS815+ features a powerful dual-core processor and hardware encryption engine to support the fast transfer of files. The device is capable of delivering 389.03 MB/s reading and 361.33 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5 configurations. Four integrated Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to reduce service disruption and two built-in USB 3.0 ports enable fast and efficient file transfer to external storage devices. Additionally, the drive bays’ hot swappable design ensures quick disk replacement and reduces the of chance costly system downtime.
The Synology RKS1314 rail kit (please select in dropdown menu above) will allow the RS815+ to be easily installed into a server rack. It comes with sliding rails, making it easy to slide the unit in and out for easy maintenance.
Windows ADS support allows the unit to be easily integrated into an existing network – without the need to recreate users’ accounts. A range of helpful add-on applications are available such as DiskStation Manager for smart and simple management your Synology NAS and data.
This RackStation can be supplied with a choice of up to four 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives have been specifically engineered for demanding video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) device provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for small to medium sized enterprises
- 4 drive bays house up to 32TB storage and can be supplied with high-performance WD Purple hard drives - to be fitted separately
- Storage can be increased up to 64TB with the connection of Synology’s RX415 expansion unit via the built-in eSATA port
- Fast file transfer with powerful quad-core processor and hardware encryption engine
- Up to 389.03 MB/s reading and 361.33 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Four Gigabit LAN ports feature failover support to ensure continuous network uptime
- Two USB 3.0 ports enable quick transfer of files onto external storage devices
- Hot swappable design facilitates quick disk replacement and reduced system downtime
- Windows ADS support enables simple integration into an existing network with no need to recreate user accounts
- Helpful add-on packages such as DiskStation manger allow the user to get the most out of their device
The Synology RS815+ RackStation NAS device offers up to 32TB storage across 4-bays when used on its own. Storage can be expanded up to 64TB with the connection of an expansion pack via the integrated eSATA port. Suitable for small to medium organisations, typical applications include schools, bus stations and supermarkets.
- Accessory pack
- AC Power Cord
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required