This product is now discontinued, an alternative model is the Synology DS1517+ network attached storage (NAS) device
Overview of the Synology DS1515+
This high-performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) device by Synology ensures the secure management and storage of video data files. Five drive bays house a maximum of 40TB storage the device can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives - to be fitted separately. Storage can be scaled up to 120TB with the connection of DX513 expansion units via the specially designed eSATA connectors.
The device features a high-performance quad core processor that is capable of delivering up to 450.77 MB/s reading and 396.5 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5 configurations. It’s also equipped with a dedicated AES-NI hardware encryption engine to support the fast and secure transmission of encrypted data. Multiple USB 3.0 and eSATA ports enable the connection of additional external storage devices, whilst ensuring fast and efficient file transfer speeds. Four Ethernet ports feature failover support to provide redundancy in the event of an unexpected LAN failure on one port and hot-swappable drives reduce system downtime for hassle free maintenance during drive replacement.
Windows ACL and LDAP support enables the easy integration of the DS1515+ into any existing network. Additionally, helpful add-on applications such as DiskStation Manager offer backup, recovery and collaboration tools to help users get the most from their network storage solution..
This Synology NAS device is provided with a choice of up to five 6TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) device provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for small to medium sized enterprises
- Support for up to 40TB storage across 5 drive-bays and is optionally supplied with WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Powerful quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine for fast transfer of files
- Up to 450.77 MB/s reading and 396.50 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Quad LAN failover support helps ensure continuous network uptime
- Multiple USB 3.0 and eSATA ports enable quick connection to external storage devices
- Hot swappable design ensures continuous service when disks are replaced
- Windows ACL and LDAP support allow easy integration into an existing network
- DiskStation Manager add-on software allows hard drives to be configured and managed easily
The Synology DS1515+ 5-bay NAS device offers up to 40TB storage when used independently and multiple eSATA ports allow the connection of expansion devices to increase storage levels up to 120TB. Suitable for small to medium organisations - typical applications include offices, universities and supermarkets.
- Accessory pack
- AC power adapter
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN cable
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required