Overview of the Synology Surveillance Station 4 device licence pack
This product includes 4 Synology Surveillance Station device licences.
Synology’s Surveillance Station can be run on a all Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices and provides a flexible IP video surveillance solution. The user-friendly software offers support for the monitoring, recording and management of multiple IP cameras. Additional features include remote access via the DS cam mobile app, as well as compatibility for major browsers and over 4000 IP camera units.
With the help of Synology’s setup wizard, the user is able to easily configure the system and add IP devices quickly. Operators in large organisations can make use of the batch camera installation and group management features - a helpful time saver when assigning multiple devices.
Recordings can be set to run either continuously, in response to an event or for scheduled periods of time – then stored securely on the NAS device. Up to 64 camera views can be displayed in live view or playback, allowing the operator to see a variety of camera views simultaneously.
Each Synology NAS device includes 2 Surveillance Station IP camera licences - free of charge. When a new device is added to the system, a single Synology Surveillance Station licence is required. However, certain IP camera devices and video servers with multiple channels will require an alternative number of licences. The table below lists a range of example IP devices and the number of licences required.
Please contact us for more information or refer to Synology’s Device License Pack overview.
When connected with I/O modules, this versatile software supports the addition of automation devices such as LED lights and electromagnetic locks. The integration of lighting and access control in this way means that event triggers from these devices, alongside video motion detection alarms, provide a diverse range of alerts to enhance overall security.
The Axis P8221 device is supported, alongside a range of other I/O modules – please refer to the Surveillance Station I/O Module Support List to confirm module compatibility.
The Central Management System add-on package can be activated free of charge to enhance surveillance operations across multi-site systems. The single host server provides a range of centrally managed controls to effectively monitor a number of locations - suitable for larger organisations.
Key features & benefits
- Support for up to 90 IP cameras on a single storage unit - please refer to the Synology NVR selector for a suitable unit
- Easy system configuration and addition of IP cameras with the quick setup wizard
- Remote access via the DS cam application supports live viewing with camera control and playback of recordings from iOS and Android devices
- Compatible with over 4000 IP camera models – device compatibility can be confirmed with the Synology Surveillance Station IP camera Support List
- Support for all camera resolutions up to 4K to provide highly detailed, IPCCTV surveillance
- A maximum of 64 camera channels can be displayed simultaneously in either live view or playback
- PTZ camera control is supported in live view, allowing the user to navigate around a scene in real time - enhancing situational awareness
- Digital pan-tilt-zoom control is beneficial when examining areas of interest in closer detail
- On-screen controls can be configured to activate audio and digital outputs instantly – helpful for the delivery of warnings in real-time
- Users can capture snapshots in live view and playback – helpful for evidential purposes
- Full system overview with E-map support
- PTZ camera patrols can be triggered in live view as a result of an event or I/O alarm signal
- Video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to alert operators of possible incidents
- Scheduling of recordings can be set to run continuously or for specific time frames – helpful when certain times of the day feature higher levels of activity
- Pre and post-recording captures activity around the time of an alarm and can be beneficial with evidence gathering
- Synchronised playback of up to 64 cameras provides multiple views at the same time – ideal when reviewing a chain of events
- Smart Search video functionality enables the quick and easy retrieval of data
- Recordings can be stored locally to IP cameras that include an SD card
- Data can be saved directly to the NAS device and backed up to a remote server – providing a scalable and secure storage solution
- Central Management System (CMS) provides a scalable monitoring and management solution, suitable for deployment in large organisations
- Support for I/O modules allows the integration of a wide range of IP devices