This product is no longer available, a suggested alternative is the Axis M5014
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2F42FWD-I
This mini pan/tilt (PT) network camera from Hikvision is an affordable indoor surveillance solution, ideal for small businesses. The compact unit is capable of delivering up to 4 megapixel resolution at 20 frames per second (fps). With support for true day/night recording, this model also features infrared illumination for enhanced night-vision at a range of up to 10m. Additional features include Power-over-Ethernet and on-board storage using a MicroSD card.
The camera’s pan/tilt movements allow the user to monitor a wide area and can be controlled remotely via the Hikvision mobile application. The integrated IR cut filter switches from full colour to monochrome video when sensors detect low light, providing round-the-clock surveillance. For scenes in challenging lighting such as dark shadows and bright highlights, 120dB wide dynamic range (WDR) ensures detail is captured in all areas and 3D noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting.
Various video motion detection methods and tampering alarms can be configured to enhance dynamic scene awareness and help to deliver reliable simple security monitoring on a budget. Additionally, configurable privacy masks are available to prevent unwanted activity from being recorded.
With support for PoE, this camera is able to receive power and network connectivity over one cable for quick and cost-effective installation. The camera is capable of dual-streaming H.264 video, allowing the user to view and record in different resolutions, saving on storage and bandwidth costs. Additionally, data can be stored locally with the use of a MicroSD card (card not included) making this camera is ideal for stand-alone use.
A choice of 4mm (83° angle of view) or 2.8mm (106° angle of view) lens options are available and can be selected in the dropdown menu above.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering up to 4 megapixel resolution at 20 fps, for detailed IP CCTV surveillance
- Pan/tilt movements help provide wide area coverage
- True day/night functionality provides round-the-clock monitoring of indoor areas
- Integrated infrared illumination provides up to 10m of enhanced night-vision
- 3D noise reduction and wide dynamic range (WDR) improve image clarity in challenging light conditions
- Motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness
- Privacy masking prevents unwanted activity from being viewed and recorded
- PoE reduces the costs of installation and maintenance with the use of only one cable
- Recording to MicroSD card allows the camera to be used as a stand alone system
The Hikvision DS-2CD2F42FWD-I mini pan/tilt network camera is a good value solution for small indoor areas requiring round-the-clock, basic IP CCTV monitoring. Typical uses include home use, small offices and independent retail stores.
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
- MicroSD card