This product has now been discontinued, an alternative product is the Hikvision DS-2DE5225IW-AE
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DE5120I-AE
This PTZ network camera by Hikvision delivers up to HD 720p resolution at 25 frames per second (fps). The outdoor-ready unit features full pan/tilt/zoom functionality and 20x optical zoom for in-depth investigation of events in real-time. With support for true day/night recording, this camera also features infrared illumination for enhanced night-vision at a range of up to 150m. Additional features include PoE+ and support for edge storage with MicroSD card (not included).
Endless 360° pan and variable pan/tilt speeds allow the user to precisely navigate throughout a large area. A 16x digital zoom enables further examination of the original image, helpful when trying to identify an object or person. Hikvision’s Smart IR function adjusts the intensity of the infrared illumination according to zoom levels – helping prevent overexposure when the camera is fully zoomed in.
Integrated imaging technologies improve image quality in complex lighting scenarios. This includes digital Wide Dynamic Range to capture all details in bright and dark areas, as well as 3D noise reduction to improve clarity in low-light video.
Video motion, intrusion and line crossing detection methods can be configured for reliable IP CCTV monitoring. When these alarms are triggered, alerts can be sent to the user via email notification. Additionally, with the use of Hikvision’s 3D intelligent positioning feature, the user is able to configure specific zones that the camera will automatically move to when triggered by an alarm.
Audio I/O ports allow the connection of external devices, such as a microphone and speaker (not included) to provide two-way audio, enabling verbal interaction with those in the camera’s surroundings.
The camera supports PoE+, providing power and network connection over one cable for a cost-effective installation. Local storage is provided with the use of a MicroSD card (not included) which can also be a handy data backup if the network connection is lost. H.264 and MJPEG compression methods are both supported and with the use of dual-streaming the operator is able to configure streams in different resolutions - saving on storage and bandwidth costs.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Full PTZ functionality with endless 360° pan provides effective monitoring of a wide area
- HD 720p resolution at 25 fps delivers clear IP CCTV surveillance
- 20x optical zoom enables real-time investigation of regions of interest
- 16x digital zoom allows close-up images to be obtained for evidential purposes
- True day/night capability with IR cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Smart IR ensures balanced illumination – preventing overexposure
- Wide Dynamic Range and 3D noise reduction improve imaging in challenging light conditions
- Video motion detection methods help to deliver accurate and reliable security monitoring
- Audio I/O ports allow the connection of external devices to support two-way audio
- H.264 and MJPEG compression options allow flexible system configuration
- Local recording to a MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DE5120I-AE network camera is an ideal solution for organisations requiring 24/7 surveillance across a large outdoor area. Typical examples include university campuses, outdoor shopping areas and car parks.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)