This product is now discontinued, a suggested alternative is the Hikvision DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5-4mm
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I5
This good value, IP66-rated external IP camera by Hikvision is capable of up to 4 megapixel resolution at 20 frames per second. Featuring true day/night vision using an infrared (IR) cut filter with auto switch and EXIR IR LEDs with a maximum range of 50m. Additional features of this bullet camera include a variety of video motion detection methods and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) to simplify installation. Remote access is supported by the Hikvision mobille applications that are compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Providing a low-cost CCTV solution for small to medium size installations, the integrated infrared-cut filter is able to produce full colour images in daylight and monochrome images at night - providing accurate, round the clock surveillance. The 50m range of the integrated EXIR LEDs enhance night-vision and allow long-range imaging at night. Low-light surveillance is improved with 3D noise reduction to enhance clarity and provide sharp images for better analysis. Additionally, 120dB wide dynamic range (WDR) provides balanced image exposure in complex lighting conditions.
This network camera is able to deliver accurate and reliable security surveillance with a range of built-in video motion detection methods. Technologies such as line crossing detection and tampering alarms provide a high level of scene awareness and alert users when motion is detected in a configured area. This model has an IP-66 rated weather resistant housing which is protected against water droplets and dust for durable monitoring in external locations.
With support for multiple H.264, H.264+ and Motion JPEG video streams, the operator is able to choose a format that will reduce file size and best suit the requirements of the installation. With support for Power over Ethernet, both power and network connectivity is supplied to the camera via a single cable - providing a quick and cost-effective installation solution.
Included with all Hikvision cameras is iVMS-4200 video management software. Users can access video remotely using the iOS and Android Hikvision mobile app.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering up to 4 megapixel resolution at 20 fps
- True day/night capability using the integrated IR cut filter which automatically switches between capture modes for 24-hour surveillance
- EXIR IR LEDs deliver an illumination range of up to 50m - enhancing night-vision
- 3D noise reduction technology reduces noise levels found in low-light video for a clearer image
- WDR offers a balanced image capture in scenes with challenging lighting conditions
- Motion detection and tampering alarms alert users to activity within the scene - delivering accurate security monitoring
- H.264 and MJPEG compression options allow flexible system configuration via dual streaming
- Low-cost and easier to install using PoE
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Supported mobile access via iOS and Android devices which enables surveillance on the move
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 fixed bullet network camera delivers a good quality, low-cost surveillance solution for outdoor installations. Ideal for small to medium size applications including car parks, school grounds and small loading bays.
Optional (please select from the drop down menu above if required):