This product has now been replaced by the Mobotix c26
Overview of the Mobotix c25
The Mobotix c25 is a compact, ceiling mounted IP camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology and a 360° panorama corrected view.
Featuring a Mobotix decentralised system design, integrated advanced image processing, on-board recording direct to MicroSD card and Power over Ethernet (PoE). The c25 is available in day or night versions and is easily installed into suspended ceilings, making it a popular unit for monitoring indoor areas. Mobotix video management software and mobile support is also available for free.
The c25 is equipped with a high-sensitivity 6 megapixel sensor and Mobotix Moonlight technology captures movement in low light with significantly reduced motion blurring. This unit is capable of recording high quality images with 6MP resolution at a maximum of 8 frames per second (fps) or HD 720p up to 30 fps.
When using the fisheye lens, the built-in software can digitally "de-warp" two 180° images, providing 360° coverage to the left and right of the camera. Optimum placement of the c25 can reduce blind spots and the number of cameras required to cover an entire room, making it a cost effective solution. An ultra wide lens is also available, offering a closer view of activities such as cash handling or production processes.
When ordering, select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Choice of two wide angle lenses including a fish eye for a panoramic overview of an entire room
- Virtual PTZ on the live and recorded images is performed by the camera, reducing bandwidth use
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) versions available
- Easy installation in suspended ceilings using "downlight" style spring clips
- Discreet form factor and colour, blends in easily with most environments
- Can be expanded to use external sensors or relays using encrypted two-wire bus (MxBus)
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Cost-effective to install and economical to run with support for PoE below 5 watts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is a self-contained surveillance system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. This approach allows a Mobotix system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
Image processing inside the camera ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging, high contrast lighting conditions. The camera's processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics makes it possible to collect statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat maps help identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations and in what direction. Both features are particularly helpful in retail environments.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is video management software available for all Mobotix cameras. There are no license fees or update costs - it's 100% free. Users can also access video footage remotely using the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate. This means they require little maintenance and they're economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix c25 indoor ceiling camera is suitable for surveillance of areas where high quality and discreet security monitoring is required. Typical examples include reception areas, retail stores, schools, hospital waiting areas, exhibition spaces and offices.
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter software
- MicroSD card
- Ethernet patch cable
- Catches and plugs
- Disassembly tool
- High capacity MicroSD card (please select from the drop down menu above)
- Mobotix c25 on-wall installation kit