This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Hikvision DS-2CD2035FWD-I
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I
Attractive DS-2CD2042WD-I external mini-bullet fixed network camera from Hikvision, capable of 4 megapixel resolution (20 fps) or full HD 1080p (25 fps). Features include true day/night, 30m IR illumination, dual codec, 3D noise reduction, 120db Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), motion detection, tampering alarm, ONVIF support and PoE. Included bracket and Hikvision software.
The outdoor mini-bullet fixed network camera from Hikvision provides low-cost whilst high quality security surveillance, capable of 4 megapixel resolution at 20 fps, or HD 1080p at 25 fps. Equipped with an infrared-cut filter and IR LEDs, the camera delivers advanced night-time monitoring, providing up to 30m of night-vision and automatically switching from day to night mode depending on light. The camera is suitable for external use, with the IP66-rated casing protecting the camera against bad weather.
Incorporating Hikvision’s 3D noise reduction and 120db Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technologies, that provide high performance in a variety of lighting conditions and delivering polished low-light video aswell as capturing detail in scenes with dark shadows and highlights. Motion detection and tampering alarm capabilities provide reliable security monitoring, alerting the user to activity and potential vandalism attempts. Users can compress video using either H.264 or MJPEG.
Installed using Power over Ethernet (PoE), enabling quick and easy set up. Compatibility with the latest ONVIF profile allows the camera to be integrated with existing CCTV systems with products from other manufacturers, enabling low-cost expansion of a system. The DS-2CD2042WD-I comes with a bracket included and Hikvision’s iVMS-4200 video management software. Mobile viewing is supported using the free iOS and Android apps.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Outdoor-ready fixed mini-bullet style IP camera
- 4 megapixel resolution at 20 frames per second or full HD 1080p capability for smooth, high quality images
- Automatic day/night mode switching using infrared-cut filter for 24-hour operation
- Equipped with IR LEDs, providing illumination up to 30m for long-range night-vision
- Enhanced low light surveillance with 3D noise reduction
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology improves the capture of detail in high contrast scenes, where bright and dark areas exist simultaneously
- Reliable security monitoring with motion detection and tampering alarm to alert users to potential vandalism attempts
- Files can be reduced using H.264 or MJPEG
- Compatible with the latest ONVIF profile
- Low-cost to install using included bracket and PoE
- Mobile access via iOS and Android apps is supported
- Supplied with Hikvision iVMS-4200 software
Compatible recording platforms
With 4 megapixel resolution and advanced night-time surveillance capabilities, the Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I outdoor mini-bullet network camera is ideal for small to medium-sized external CCTV installations that require high quality security monitoring 24-hours a day. Typical applications are car parks, train stations, loading bays and retail stores.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide
- Fitting template
- Security screw driver
- IP66 cat5e glands
- PoE midspan (please select from the above drop down menu if required)