This product is now discontinued, an alternative model is the Raytec Vario2 w8-3
Overview of the Raytec Vario w8-3
Part of the Raytec Vario series of white-light LED illuminators, the w8-3 triple unit provides a white-light beam at a maximum of 260m and at an angle of up to 120°. With support for the Vario interchangeable lens system, users can flexibly swap holographic lenses to achieve the required angle of illumination. 10°, 35° and 60° lenses are supplied with the w8-3 unit and optional 80° or 120° lenses can be selected from above if a greater angle is needed. IP66-rated and vandal-resistant, the Vario w8-3 is suitable for a wide range of indoor or outdoor applications and for exposed areas.
White light illuminators deliver a range of benefits to a CCTV system including full colour image capture capability 24 hours a day and in total darkness, ideal for applications that require identification at all times. The white-light beam from the Vario w8-3 is visible to the human eye unlike infrared and therefore provides a visual deterrent to intruders.
The Vario w8-3 delivers an elliptical-shaped beam and using Raytec’s Hot-Spot Reduction Technology (HRT), provides further illumination distances with less light wastage whilst also preventing overexposure. Featuring Platinum LED technology, Light Intensification Miniature Optics (LIMO) and Cool Running thermal management system, the w8-3 provides high performance output and reliability.
Raytec’s Green Touch Technology reduces the cost of running Vario illuminator units, featuring built-in functions including power adjust, telemetry control and timer function. The Vario w8-3 can be installed using the included wall/ceiling mount bracket and is covered by Raytec’s 5 year warranty. Users can control the w8-3 using a optional remote control (please select from the drop down menu above if required), enabling ground-level set up and maintenance.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario w8-3:
|10 x 10°
||260m at 10°||152m at 30°|
|35 x 10°(fitted as standard)
||139m at 35°||81m at 105°|
|60 x 25°
||83m at 60°||56m at 180°|
|80° x 30°
||52m at 80°||31m at 180°|
|120° x 50°||35m at 120°||26m at 180°|
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Enables CCTV cameras to produce full colour images at night time and in total darkness, providing 24 hour monitoring
- Provides a visual deterrent against intruders
- Adaptive Illumination using the Vario interchangeable lens system enables users to match the beam angle to the camera view for precise illumination
- 10°, 30° and 60° Vario holographic lenses included, 80° and 120° lenses also available for further illumination demands (please select from above if required)
- White-light beam can reach a maximum of 260m, ideal for large outdoor space
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use and vandal-resistant
- Further illumination distances, minimised light wastage and a highly diffused elliptical-shaped beam are delivered by Raytec’s Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT)
- Improved LED performance and longevity with Platinum LED technology
- Integrated features include in-built photocell for automatic on/off operation, LED status indicator and photocell following output
- Green touch technology enhancing energy savings and lowers running costs
- Optional Vario remote control support
- Easy to mount using the supplied wall/ceiling bracket
The Raytec Vario w8-3 white light LED illuminator is ideal for indoor or outdoor security applications that require high quality image capture in full colour 24 hours a day. Typical examples include schools, banks, building grounds and loading bays.
- 10°, 35° and 60° angle lenses
- Wall/ceiling mount bracket
Optional (please select from the drop down menu above if required):
- Power supply
- Raytec Vario remote control
- 80° or 120° angle lens