This product is now discontinued, an alternative model is the Raytec Vario2 PoE i2-1
Overview of the Raytec Vario i2-2
Designed for use in combination with infrared sensitive CCTV cameras to enable 24-hour image capture, the Raytec Vario i2-2 infared illuminator from the high performance Vario series enables long-range monochrome surveillance in total darkness. Providing a highly diffused elliptical 850nm infrared beam using hot-spot reduction technology, the i2-2 double illuminator delivers infrared illumination at an angle of up to 180° and a maximum of 120m distance. With Raytec’s Vario interchangeable lenses, users can precisely match the angle of illumination to the field of view required. The unit comes with 10°, 30° and 60° angle lenses, whilst 80° and 120° lenses are available if greater illumination is required (not included – please select from the above drop down menu).
With an IP66-rated casing, the Vario i2-2 is protected against damage from rain and dust, and can operate in temperatures ranging from -50°C to + 50°C. Further reliability is provided by Platinum advanced LED technology together with Light Intensification Miniature Optics (LIMO) and an enhanced Cool Running system for thermal management incorporated into each LED.
The use of elliptical beam patterns means less light is wasted, whilst the Vario i2-2 provides further energy savings with built-in features including power adjust, telemetry control and timer function. A mounting bracket is included for mounting the unit to a wall or ceiling. The Vario i2-2 has a 5 year warranty.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario i2-2:
|Lens||Narrow angle||Wide angle|
|10 x 10°||120m at 10°||85m at 20°|
|35 x 10°(fitted as standard)||65m at 35°||45m at 70°|
|60 x 25°||45m at 60°||30m at 120°|
|80° x 30°||30m at 80°||20m at 140°|
|120° x 50°||20m at 120°||14m at 180°|
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Provides infrared beam up to 180° - illumination can be adapted to suit the field of view using Vario interchangeable lenses (10°, 35° and 60° included – 80° and 120° not included – available from the drop down menu above)
- Maximum beam distance of 120m – ideal for the illumination of small to medium areas such as train stations and car parks
- Enables an infrared sensitive camera to capture long-range black and white images for improved night-time security and surveillance in complete darkness
- Platinum advanced LED technology provides high performance and reliability
- Green touch technology minimises running costs
- Highly diffused elliptical beam reduces light wastage and overexposure of foreground objects with hot-spot reduction (HRT) technology
- IP66-rated casing enables durable outdoor use
- 5 year warranty
- Fast operational feedback from the LED status
- Included wall/ceiling bracket for mounting
- Remote control available for ground-level set up (not included – please select from the drop down menu above)
Designed for small to medium applications, the Raytec Vario i2-2 infrared illuminator is ideal for CCTV systems that require long-range 24-hour surveillance. Typical examples include train and bus stations, car parks and schools.
- 10°, 35° and 60° lenses
- Wall/ceiling mount bracket
Optional (please select from the drop down menu above if required):
- Raytec Vario power supply
- Raytec Vario remote control
- 80° or 120° angle lens