This product has now been replaced by the Mobotix M16-Thermal
Overview of the Mobotix M15 AllroundDual Thermal
The Mobotix M15 AllroundDual Thermal is an IP66-rated unit with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology that can deliver reliable, outdoor CCTV surveillance.
This versatile ‘all-rounder’ features a modular lens design which supports the connection of a thermal imaging sensor, alongside a day or night optical lens. Mobotix video management software and mobile viewing is also supported – free of charge.
Each optical lens (day or night) can deliver high-quality 6 megapixel resolution at a maximum of 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at 30 fps. In addition, the outdoor-ready thermal lenses provide reliable detection and 336 x 252 resolution images at up to 9 fps. The camera is also equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology to ensure detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
Mobotix’s full range of day, night and thermal lenses are available, and allow the user to create a unique monitoring solution to meet their exact viewing requirements. Compatible optical lenses offer viewing angles from 180° fisheye down to 8° super-tele and are available in either day or night versions. Users can also choose between thermal lenses with either a 43°, 65° or 135° angle of view.
When ordering, please select the lens combination that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- Unit’s modular design supports the connection of up to two day, night (ranging from fisheye to super-tele) or thermal imaging lens modules
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) optical lens versions are available
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images, even in low light
- Thermal lens modules provide thermal imaging at a resolution of 336 x 252 to detect objects in total darkness
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Regions of the image can be examined in closer detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Two-way audio support with an integrated microphone and speaker allows communication between user and scene
- Built-in PIR sensor can detect motion - even in complete darkness
- Edge recording onto MicroSD card provides a useful backup option in the event of network failure
- MxPEG and Motion JPEG encoding formats are supported to help optimise use of network resources
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Durable IP66 and IK06-rated housing allows for safe deployment in external locations
- PoE supplies power and network connection to the camera through one cable - simplifying installation
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is a self-contained monitoring system with the ability to process and store video on-board the camera, using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. This approach allows a Mobotix system to be expanded easily because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
On-board image processing ensures the capture of high quality images using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction helps to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, lowering bandwidth and allowing multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor video motion detection is able to intelligently detects movement and filter interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures. This helps to reduce false alarms and provide accurate security monitoring.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat maps help to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations, and in what direction.
Supported by all Mobotix IP cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter offers free video management - with no license fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available and provides remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate – meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
All Mobotix IP cameras can also use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix M15 Thermal network camera can deliver high quality 6MP resolution in addition to advanced thermal imaging – ideal for use in areas that require accurate and reliable security monitoring. Typical applications include industrial sites, manufacturing warehouses and shipping docks.
- 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- 4GB MicroSD card
- Housing (high-resistance composite, PBT)
- Selected thermal sensor module (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenches (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50m patch cable
- Mobotix MxEasy and MxControlCentre software
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card