This product is now discontinued, for alternatives models please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the Sony SNT-EX101
User-friendly SNT-EX101 from Sony's range of network video encoders designed to integrate an analogue CCTV camera into an IP video network. Features include advanced audio detection and tamper alarm, intelligent video analytics, image enhancement technologies, triple codec and ONVIF compatibility.
Easy to install and maintain, the Sony SNT-EX101 network video encoder is designed to convert the signal from one analogue CCTV camera into a digital video stream for transmission over an IP network. Utilising Sony’s advanced image enhancement technologies, the SNT-EX101 improves image quality and delivers clearer video footage. Sony's Excellent Dynamic Noise Reduction (XDNR) eliminates motion blur from images captured in low light, and when combined with Visibility Enhancer (VE), enables the camera to achieve four times the sensitivity than when the technologies are not used. Dynamic Frame Integration (DFI) technology reduces motion blur from moving objects, producing smooth video footage.
The integrated tamper alarm can alert the user to tampering attempts such as spray painting of the camera lens, whilst the advanced audio detection builds up a threshold of sound information based on ambient audio levels and frequencies and if this threshold is surpassed, an alarm is triggered. The SNT-EX101 has the capacity to store up to 3 pre-recorded voice alerts that can be played over a loud speaker upon manual or automatic trigger.
The SNT-EX101 supports H.264, MPEG-4 and JPEG formats, providing flexible compression to suit a variety of applications. Compliant with ONVIF, the unit can be used with cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Other features include triple codec, support for 3rd party telemetry cameras and flexible streaming support.
Key features & benefits
- Suitable for integrating one analogue CCTV camera feed into an IP video system
- DEPA advanced intelligent video analytics
- XDNR improves low light footage
- Visibility Enhancer (VE) improves colour reproduction and works with XDNR to increase sensitivity
- Dynamic Frame Integration (DFI) improves video footage with moving objects in, reducing motion blur
- Tamper alarm alerts the user to tampering attempts such as spray painting
- Advanced audio detection can trigger an alarm when sound reaches higher than the cameras average ambient level and frequency
- Up to 3 pre-recorded voice alerts can played over a speaker when an alarm is triggered to warn intruders or to give instructions
- ONVIF compliant for interoperability between different camera manufacturers
- Flexible compression with triple codec support
- Support for 3rd party telemetry cameras
- Flexible streaming support
The Sony SNC-EX101 network video encoder is designed for integrating an analogue CCTV camera into an IP video system to achieve improvements in video quality and/or system functionality, without discarding existing equipment. Typical applications could include schools, offices and retail stores.
- CD-ROM with user guide
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty booklet
- I/O port connector
- 24 V AC connector
- Attachment brackets x 4
- Attachment screws x 8