This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the QNAP VioStor VS-4116 PRO+
Reliable QNAP VioStor VS-4116 PRO+ network video recorder capable of 250 Mbps throughput, with 16 channels and up to 16TB HDD storage. Additional features include intelligent video analytics, HDMI output and robust Linux-embedded operating system.
Part of the QNAP VioStor series of network video recorders, the VS-4116 PRO+ supports the recording of up to 16 CCTV cameras and provides up to 16TB of HDD space for storing surveillance footage from high frame rate and high megapixel cameras. The Linux-embedded operating system provides robust performance, reducing the chance of virus attack and system crash. The VS-4116 PRO+ also has a HDMI video output for high quality local monitoring.
Recording can be set to scheduled, manual, on alarm trigger, audio or user-defined; to make sure only required video is captured to conserve bandwidth and storage. Smart recording mode ensures activity is captured in high quality, returning to low quality recording once the event is over. This feature conserves bandwidth and storage, whilst also enabling detailed event analysis. An alert icons displays on the local monitoring page when an event occurs, providing further information when clicked. Areas can be effectively monitored using PTZ positioning, digital zoom, preset positions and auto cruising features.
The QNAP VioStor VS-4116-PRO+ provides advanced event management, on detection of motion, recording or connection failure or via alarm input, the unit can trigger actions including start recording, buzzer, PTZ camera control, email alert, alarm output or a user-defined action, in addition to email and/or SMS alert for warnings and error messages. Video can be searched by time, date, event and also using Intelligent Video Analytics, enabling detection of motion, camera occlusion, lost focus, and foreign or missing objects, making finding specific video fast and efficient. Users can create e-maps to visualise where each camera is in an installation, and to see where an event is happening.
Video recorded by the VS-4116 PRO+ cannot be modified by authorised persons due to real-time digital watermarking, increasing the authenticity of the footage and enabling use as evidence in court. Video can be backup via one touch backup and scheduled remote replication and cross browser compatibility and the QNAP Surveillance Client for Windows and Mac enables live viewing and playback. Compatibility with fisheye and panomorph lens cameras provides easy viewing of scenes.
If a drive fails, it can be replaced by hot swapping without needing to turn the server off as RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5+ hot spare, single and JBOD disk configurations are supported. The VioStor NVRs have low energy costs and operate quietly, whilst maintaining high performance and reliability. Additional useful features of the QNAP VioStor VS-4116 PRO+ include dual Gigabit LAN ports, health screening, security controls and UPS support.
The handy QNAP VMobile app provides remote access to recordings using smartphones and tablets, available to download for free on iOS and Android devices.
Key features & benefits
- Support for up to 16 channels, ideal for small to medium sized IP video installations
- 4 x HDD drives provides up to 16TB storage space
- Powerful Intel dual-core processor delivers throughput up to 250 Mbps
- HDMI video output for local monitoring
- 4GB memory
- Supports H.264, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4 and MXPEG compression formats for wide compatibility
- Configurable recording modes to ensures critical data is captured
- Multi-stream support
- Audio capture can assist with event analysis
- Prevention of unauthorised modifications with real-time digital watermarking
- Smart recording captures activity in high detail, whilst constantly recording in lower quality to conserve bandwidth
- On screen pop up when event occurs
- Simple video search by time, date, event and intelligent video
- Dual Gigabit LAN ports
- Easy set up
- Cross platform support
- E-map capability
- Advanced event management
- Configurable security controls to protect video from unauthorised access
- Compatible with fisheye and panomorph lenses
- Robust and reliable Linux operating system
- Video backup via scheduled remote replication and one touch backup
- CPU thermal solution with fan-less design
- 0, 1, 5, 6 and 5+ RAID levels, plus hot spare, single and JBOD disk configurations supported
- Handy QNAP VMobile app is free to download to iOS and Android devices
The QNAP VioStor VS-4116 PRO+ network video recorder delivers high performance, reliable CCTV recording suitable for small to medium sized IP video systems with up to 16 cameras, some of which may be high frame rate or high megapixel. Typical examples include office buildings, apartment blocks, schools and police stations.
- Quick installation guide
- CD-ROM (user manual and utility inclusive)
- Flat head screw (for HDD) x 28
- Ethernet cable x 2
- Power cord
- Hard disk lock
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu):