This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the QNAP VioStor VS-4112 PRO+
Robust and powerful QNAP VS-4112 PRO+ from the VioStor range of network video recorders, with support for up to 12 channels and up to 16TB HDD space. Linux-embedded and capable of 250 Mbps throughput, intelligent video searching and HDMI video output.
The high performance VS-4112 PRO+ from QNAP’s VioStor series of open-platform network video recorders supports up to 12 channels and has up to 16TB HDD space to store high frame rate and high megapixel CCTV recordings. Capable of 250 Mbps throughput, the VS-4112 PRO+ delivers high-level performance, with a HDMI video output to provide high quality viewing via local display. Linux-embedded, the unit is at reduced risk of virus attack and system crash.
Continuous, manual, scheduled, on alarm trigger and audio recording modes can be configured to ensure the required video data is captured, whilst smart recording ensures video captured when an alarm is triggered is higher quality to provide detailed event footage and to conserve bandwidth and storage. When an event occurs, an alert icon displays on the local monitoring page which can be clicked to provide further information. Scenes can be effectively managed using PTZ positioning with preset positions, digital zoom and auto cruising.
Motion detection, alarm input, recording or connection failure, or user-defined action can trigger actions including video recording, buzzer, alarm output, PTZ camera control, email alert and user-defined action, whilst instant warnings and error messages can also be received via email and/or SMS, for accurate and reliable security monitoring. Users can search video data by date, time, event and Intelligent Video Analytics including motion detection, camera occlusion, loss of camera focus and foreign or missing objects and can easily create e-maps to locate where events are taking place. The QNAP VS-4112 PRO+ supports fisheye dewarping, to provide clear viewing of scene and extending compatibility to include cameras with specific panomorph and fisheye lenses.
Real-time digital watermarking prevents unauthorised modifications being made to video, increasing the authenticity of surveillance footage and enabling use as evidence in court. The VioStor VS-4112 PRO+ supports cross browser compatibility, and the QNAP Surveillance Client for Windows and Mac enables live viewing and playback. Data can be backed up using the scheduled remote replication feature and one touch backup.
RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5 + hot spare, single and JBOD disk configurations are supported, enabling a failed drive to be replaced by hot swapping without switching the server off. The VS-4112-PRO+ NVR quietly operates and has low energy costs whilst offering improved performance and reliability. Other useful features include UPS support, advanced security controls, dual Gigabit LAN ports and health scanning.
Operators can access video footage remotely using the QNAP mobile app available for free download on iOS and Android devices.
Key features & benefits
- Ideal for small IP video systems with up to 8 cameras
- Up to 16TB storage capacity
- Intel dual-core processor delivers powerful performance up to 250 Mbps throughput
- HDMI output
- 4GB memory
- Multiple codec including Mobotix MxPEG enables compatibility across a wide range of IP camera brands
- Different recording schedules can be configured to ensure required data is captured
- Multi-stream support
- Audio can be captured to help assist with event analysis
- Digital watermarking increases authenticity of CCTV footage for use in court
- Efficient use of storage and bandwidth using smart recording feature
- Users can be alerted to an event via on screen pop up
- Easy video searching by time, date and intelligent video analytics
- Dual Gigabit LAN ports
- Easy to set up using steps on the local display interface
- Cross platform support
- Multi-server monitoring
- E-map enables users to quickly see where an event is happening
- Advanced event management
- Storage expansion
- Fisheye and panomorph lens compatibility
- Linux-embedded for reliability
- Security controls to protect system
- Schedule remote replication and one touch auto video backup prevents video loss
- CPU thermal solution with fan-less design
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6 + hot spare, single and JBOD disk configurations provide robust failover protection
- QNAP VMobile app provides handy remote access via iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
With 12 channel support and storage capacity up to 16GB, the QNAP VS-4112 PRO+ network video recorder provides high performance and robust surveillance recording, ideal for use in small IP CCTV installation with high frame rate or megapixel cameras. Typical applications include universities, shopping centres and retail stores.
- Quick installation guide
- CD-ROM (user manual and utility inclusive)
- Flat head screw (for HDD) x 28
- Ethernet cable x 2
- Power cord
- Hard disk lock
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu):