This product has been discontinued. Its replacement is the Sony SNC-EP521.
The Sony SNC-RZ25P Network camera is packed full of features including pan-tilt-zoom control, day and night functionality, two way audio, motion detection, pre-/post-alarm image storage, selectable MPEG-4 or JPEG compression formats and a card slot for making the unit wireless or storing additional images. This Sony camera has a powerful 18x optical zoom allowing the user to zoom in on small or distant objects. Employing a 1/4-type ExwaveHAD CCD image sensor, the SNC-RZ25P delivers high picture quality for remote viewing applications. The camera's day and night function switches from colour to black and white images during low light conditions and produces images even if illumination is less than 0.01 lux. The Sony SNC-RZ25P is ideal for remote monitoring applications, from airports to train stations, factories to supermarkets, and from street corners to car parks.
Sony SNC-RZ25P - Key benefits:
- Simply great value for money
- Wireless operation possible using a wireless card (not included)
- High-performance feature-rich day/night pan-tilt-zoom camera with 340 degree rotation, a 120° tilt range and 18x optical zoom for coverage of large areas with just one camera
- Can be used in a wide range of webcasting and remote security applications
Sony SNC-RZ25P - Key features:
- Pan-tilt-zoom control with a pan range of 340°, a tilt range of 120° and 18x optical zoom (4.1 to 73.8mm)
- 216x combined zoom (optical combined with digital zoom)
- High picture quality utilising Sony's 1/4-type ExwaveHAD CCD image sensor
- Day and Night switching - a function that provides optimised sensitivity in both day and night environment, delivering images around the clock
- Two Way Audio allows communication with people on a remote location
- Motion Detection and Alarm Trigger - this function triggers an alarm on motion detection. The alarm notification can be done through an external alarm output and/or via e-mail to the person responsible
- High frame rate of up to 25 frames per second (image format 320x240) in both MPEG-4 and JPEG mode producing clear and smooth moving images.
- Adaptive Rate Control - Automatically varies the video bit transfer rate to meet changing network conditions. Also selects the most appropriate frame rates, preventing audio and video breakup
- Image Transfer function - Pre-/post-alarm images stored at the time of an alarm event can be transferred to an FTP server for later viewing. On alarm, a still image can also be sent by email.
- User friendly using a PC running Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Also has an analogue video output for connection to existing coax-based video equipment
- Compatible with a 802.11b compliant PC card for wireless operation or Compact Flash memory card for storing additional images
- Desktop or ceiling mount
- Multicasting capability allows efficient streaming of video and audio to a large number of users (suitable multicast router required)
Sony SNC-RZ25P - Typical applications:
- Remote monitoring of offices, shops, hotels, factories, schools and other (public) buildings and facilities
- Management of remote locations
Sony SNC-RZ25P - Key technical indicators:
- Compression format: MPEG-4 or JPEG (selectable)
- Resolution can be set to (in both MPEG-4 and JPEG): 640x480, 480x360, 384x288, 320x240, 256x192 and 160x120
- Frame rate: up to 25 frames per second at resolution setting 320x240 or up to 18 frames per second at 640x480
- Minimum light level required: colour 0.7 lux, black and white 0.01 lux
- Number of simultaneous users: up to 20 in JPEG or 10 in MPEG-4
- Lens: 18x optical zoom, 216x combined with digital zoom, focal length 4.1 - 73.8mm, F1.4 wide, F3.0 tele
- Protocols supported: IP(IPv4), ICMP, ARP, TCP/UDP, RTP/RTCP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, SNMP (MIB-2)
Sony SNC-RZ25P - Connections:
- Network: Ethernet 10/100, RJ-45
- Power: Power adaptor included 24VAC / 3A (loose wires)
- I/O: 2 x alarm output + 2 x alarm input, 1 x video output (BNC), 1 x serial RS232C transparent port, 1 x PC card slot Compact Flash, 1 x mini jack mic input, 1 x mini jack (mono) output
The Sony SNC-RZ25P network PTZ camera has a built-in web server for remote viewing and camera control over a local area network or via the internet. The camera can be viewed via a standard web browser. Camera security is provided by multi user level password protection and IP address filtering. Dimensions in mm: 140(W) x 206(H) x 148(D).
Sony SNC-RZ25P - Accessories included:
Download the manufacturer's full product data sheet (PDF 574k).
- Sony SNC-RZ25P IP camera (SNC-RZ25P)
- Internal PSU 110-240VAC / 24VAC 3A (VPSU24AC3000)
- Additional items you may have chosen (from selections above)
- Ceiling mount kit
- CD containing set-up software and user guide
- Installation manual