Overview of the Arecont Vision SurroundVideo AV12186DN
This product is now discontinued, an alternative is the Mobotix M15
High-level and durable AV12186DN outdoor dome network camera from the Arecont Vision SurroundVideo series, capable of 12 megapixel resolution at 5.2 fps, 180° viewing, true day/night with IR-cut filter, wide dynamic range (WDR), privacy masking, extended video motion detection, dual codec, PoE and with an IP66-rated outdoor-ready casing and IK10-rated dome.
Capable of 12 megapixel resolution at 5.2 frames per second, the Arecont Vision SurroundVideo AV12186DN outdoor dome IP camera delivers high quality video footage, with forensic zooming available in live and recorded view for clear identification. With 4 separate sensors, the AV12186DN provides 180° viewing of large areas and is suitable for outdoor use with an IP66-rated casing and IK10-rated dome. An IR-cut filter automatically switches the camera to black and white image capture at night-time from full colour mode during daylight; in addition to Arecont’s binning mode for increased camera sensitivity and Moonlight mode for extended exposure and proprietary noise cancellation for clear, polished security footage 24 hours a day.
With true wide dynamic range (WDR) imaging, the Arecont AV12186DN IP camera is able to capture scenes in challenging lighting environments where bright and dark areas exist simultaneously; this enables identification of objects and people in images that would otherwise be saturated. The Arecont AV12186DN camera delivers accurate and reliable monitoring using real-time extended motion detection that provides up to 1024 detection zones that can be configured per sensor. Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability enables quick and easy installation of a single cable to carry power and network connectivity whilst file compression via H.264 or MJPEG enables users to select the format best suited to requirements.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
360° version: Arecont Vision AV12366DN.
40 megapixel version: Arecont Vision AV40185DN.
Key features & benefits
- 12 megapixel resolution enables detailed zooming of large areas for identification
- 180° viewing using 4 separate sensors ensures large areas are securely monitored and removes the need for additional cameras
- True day/night with Arecont's binning and Moonlight modes enable the camera to produce high quality, polished video in low light and at night-time
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) enables the camera to be used in environments with complex lighting, improving visibility of detail within scenes
- IP66 and IK10 rated for durable outdoor use, with protection against dust, water and vandalism
- Video motion detection allows up to 1024 detection zones to be configured per sensor for accurate security monitoring
- Privacy masking blocks out selected areas of the camera’s view so private areas are not recorded
- Compression using H.264 or Motion JPEG provides flexibility for users depending on bandwidth and storage requirements
- PoE offers low-cost and easy-to-install power, without the need for separate cabling
Compatible recording platforms
- Network Video Recorders:
With 12 megapixel resolution, 180° viewing and true day/night capability, the Arecont Vision AV12186DN dome network camera delivers durable and high-level surveillance suitable for large outdoor areas where high quality monitoring and identification are required 24/7. Typical applications include government buildings, shipping ports, outdoor sporting venues and city surveillance.
- Top shield
- Pendant mount
- Mounting template
- Pack of 4 small machine screws
- Pack of 4 screws and 4 anchors
- Large round rubber gasket
- Smaller square rubber gasket
- One double sided hex key
- PoE midspan (please select from the above drop down menu if required)
- Mounting options:
- Wall mount with 1.5” NPT (MD-WMT2)
- Electrical box adapter for MD-WMt2 (SV-EBA)
- Wall mount cap only with 1.5” NPT (MD-CAP)
- Flush mount (MD-FMA)
- Corner mount adapter (MD-CRMA)
- Pole Mount adapter (MD-PMA)
- Electrical box adapter (MD-EBA)
- Junction box adapter (SV-JBA)